(Finally) Lee Greenwood goes soft?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

(Finally) Lee Greenwood goes soft?

Post by bignflnut »

Following Don McLean, Larry Gatlin and Larry Stewart, right-wing country singer Lee Greenwood announced that he is pulling out of the concert scheduled to take place at the NRA rally in Houston over Memorial Day weekend, followed in short order by T. Graham Brown and Danielle Peck. Their departures leave the concert with one remaining performer, Jacob Bryant. Sources expect the concert to be canceled, although the show remained advertised on the NRA’s website (listing performers who had pullled out), with tickets still for sale, as of 9 a.m. ET Friday morning.

In a statement, Greenwood said: “As a father, I join the rest of America in being absolutely heartbroken by the horrific event that transpired this week in Texas. I was scheduled to perform at NRA’s private event on Saturday with my band. After thoughtful consideration, we have decided to cancel the appearance out of respect for those mourning the loss of those innocent children and teachers in Uvalde.

“During this Memorial Day Weekend, we should also remember the servicemen and women, and first responders who’ve given their lives to protect our great country. Please join me to pay our respects as we unite together as would be the most appropriate measure at this time.

“With humble regards, Lee Greenwood.”
Apparently, it's weekend a to mourn and remember.
OK, boomer.

Damn, ya'all.

Let the demons endlessly and breathlessly call for the sacrifice for your Rights and you should not publicly and exuberantly worship the God who gave you these Rights - relying on Him for blessings. This is the lesson we're to learn?

GOD BLESS THE USA finally extinguished by political correctness, proving that Greenwood is and was a fraud much like Trump, the entire time.

There may be counter protesters, yes. There may be Antifa thugs, yes.
Can we share a nation with these people?
Are you simply going to step aside and let the thugs win? That's Lee's plan this weekend.

OBTW, Senate GOP working to sell you out.
NEWS: McConnell tells me he met this morning with Texas Sen. John Cornyn after he returned from Texas and encouraged him to begin discussions with Dems including Sens. Murphy and Sinema to see if they can find a consensus on some legislation to respond to the shooting in Texas.
I guess Steve Kerr finally got to the Turtle.

And whatcaha gonna do, (voting) brother? Vote GOP in the midterms, so that they can sell you out harder, not fix the economy and tell you how they can't overturn Obamacare, while passing anti-gun ERPOs, gun free zones, etc.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798