concealed carrier negligent discharge at TX elementary schoo

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

concealed carrier negligent discharge at TX elementary schoo

Post by M-Quigley »

IDK if it was a Glock or not, but the guy experienced a case of what some call "Glock leg". :( Not reported yet is what kind of holster, if any at all. They don't believe he had malicious intent, just a parent picking up a child and being cautious, maybe considering the news recently.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/man-c ... t/2978774/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man who walked onto the campus of an Arlington elementary school Thursday morning was injured when a gun he was wearing was accidentally discharged, police say.

NBC 5 has learned a man was walking toward the front office at Duff Elementary when he went to adjust his pants and hit the trigger on a gun tucked into his waistband.

The shot injured the man's leg, police said. Police initially responded around 11:45 a.m. to investigate reports of a shooting. Crossing guard Gerald Sims said because Thursday was an early dismissal day, his shift started noon.

"As a lady walked over, told me what happened, she said 911 is going to cover the area. Sure enough, that’s exactly what happened," Sims said. "I saw the guy walk. They helped him from the sidewalk down the stairs and back up, sat on there. He sat on that retainer wall until the ambulance came and took him away."

Police said the man's injuries were not considered life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.

Arlington police said they do not believe the man had any malicious intent and that he was there to pick up a child.

The school was placed on a brief lockdown that was later lifted. The Arlington Independent School District said no threats were made to the school, and all students and staff remained safe during the lockdown.
Federal law requires states designate school property as gun free zones, making it a state crime to carry a firearm onto school property. Police told NBC 5 Thursday afternoon that criminal charges are pending. The investigation into the shooting is active and ongoing.

The incident comes on the heels of a massacre at a Texas elementary school earlier this week where 19 children and two teachers were murdered, making it the deadliest school shooting in the state's history.
Brian D.

Re: concealed carrier negligent discharge at TX elementary s

Post by Brian D. »

"...a gun tucked into his waistband." That might tell the (w)hole story right there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:"...a gun tucked into his waistband." That might tell the (w)hole story right there.
Not the whole story. Many people carry inside the waistband but was the guy using a holster or any kind? If so, was it a stiff holster that covered the trigger guard? If i had to guess the answer would probably be no on both counts. :(
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I was reading it literally. As in, no holster. Not assuming that to be true, but it would explain things, maybe.

Also thought my word play was clever. :lol:

********************************************************************************
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I carry a Glock with one in the chamber and nothing has ever happened, but Glock leg scare the heck out of me. Especially in training where I am re-holstering a lot with a hot one in the chamber.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

synack2 wrote:I carry a Glock with one in the chamber and nothing has ever happened, but Glock leg scare the heck out of me. Especially in training where I am re-holstering a lot with a hot one in the chamber.
A quality holster that doesn't collapse when the gun is removed should alleviate that concern.