Felons doing felon things - 'CA gun factory'

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Felons doing felon things - 'CA gun factory'

Post by Bruenor »

Like how the media is playing off this story being about shutting down a ghost gun factory, when in fact the people involved are already felons doing what criminals do. Silencers, SBR's, and machine guns.. don't think any of that is legal in California to being with.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2022/ ... rosa-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Inside the home, they discovered a 3-D printer used to manufacture weapons along with 13 firearms, 10 of which were illegally possessed based on California gun laws. Many handguns were ghost guns lacking identifying serial numbers.

Detectives also seized a Glock switch, which converts a handgun into a fully automatic machine gun. Additionally, detectives seized a silencer, molds & templates for manufacturing firearms.

Tran was booked on suspicion of seven felonies, including possession of a machine gun, an assault weapon (three counts), a silencer, and short-barreled rifles (two counts); being a felon and narcotic addict with a firearm, manufacturing an assault weapon (three counts), and manufacturing high-capacity magazines (three counts).

Gordon was booked on suspicion of three felonies, including carrying a loaded and concealed firearm and being a felon and narcotic addict with a firearm.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Re: Felons doing felon things - 'CA gun factory'

Post by Brian D. »

Where do I get me one of them there Glock switches?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote:Where do I get me one of them there Glock switches?
wish.com from what I hear.....
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

As if I have to say it, don't order regulated items from wish.com as the feds are watching it
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

No interest in a select fire Glock, having tried out the rarely seen model 18 long ago. Way too much muzzle climb with such a fast cyclic rate. Fun but not practical unless your opponents happen to be coming your way on a down escalator or rappelling towards you from a helicopter.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

I'm lost, what did they do wrong again? I see nothing but infringements on citizen's rights.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

DOA33 wrote:I'm lost, what did they do wrong again? I see nothing but infringements on citizen's rights.

They didn't ask/beg permission. Oh, and pay tax.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

DOA33 wrote:I'm lost, what did they do wrong again? I see nothing but infringements on citizen's rights.
Kalifornia doesn't have a lot of rights with regard to guns.
But felon in possession can be federal.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Even when the bad guys break one of Kalifornia's gun laws, the bad guy is quickly back on the street so these laws are just for show.
“It’s clear from this conviction that San Diego’s landmark ghost gun law is starting to work to stop the proliferation of dangerous, untraceable firearms in our community,” said von Wilpert.
45 days in custody with good credit time means that Orozco will likely spend about three weeks in the county lockup, which doesn’t sound like much time considering how scary “ghost guns” are supposed to be. And again, he could have gotten that same sentence just by charging him with misdemeanor crimes in California state statute that have nothing to do with unserialized firearms.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022 ... -is-n58051
513resident

Post by 513resident »

I was thinking the same thing. "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."