‘I am opposed to self-defense’ – Macron

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

‘I am opposed to self-defense’ – Macron

Post by Bruenor »

Glad I don't live in a country where the criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizens (at least not yet)

https://rmx.news/article/macron-rejects ... -his-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the initial investigation, the farmer fired twice with a large caliber rifle at a group of four burglars, killing one of them. The self-defense shooting took place last Friday, between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., and the man was alone with his 3-year-old daughter at the time.
“But I am opposed to self-defense. It’s very clear and undisputable because otherwise the country becomes the Wild West. And I don’t want a country where weapons proliferate and where we consider that it’s up to the citizens to defend themselves,” said Macron.

The president said he wants the French to rely on the police and the gendarmerie to ensure their safety, however, critics have pointed to France’s deteriorating security situation, increase in murders, and sexual assaults. The existence of no-go zones in majority migrant neighborhoods where police fear to go has only fueled fears that France is unable to police a significant portion of its population.
After being indicted for “murder,” the farmer was released by police but placed under judicial supervision.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: ‘I am opposed to self-defense’ – Macron

Post by bignflnut »

Not that I'd ever take advice from a sandwich cookie, but--- if they tell you who they are, believe them.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

We all know for a fact that if someone was coming for him, that statement would be seen for the complete BS that it is.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Could not believe that crap when I read it earlier today. I hope the story is getting a lot of press in France and costs the joker this election.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bignflnut wrote:Not that I'd ever take advice from a sandwich cookie, but--- if they tell you who they are, believe them.
Took me a minute or three to get the sandwich cookie reference. :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Aesinsp wrote:We all know for a fact that if someone was coming for him, that statement would be seen for the complete BS that it is.
No no, he is being totally 100% honest. he would not use self defense. He has zero need for self defense because he has an armed personal security force.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

With most votes counted Sunday night, Macron had 27% and Le Pen had just over 24%. Hard-left leader Jean-Luc Melenchon was third, missing out on the two-candidate runoff, with close to 21%.
28% could be your next leader?
Is that a mandate from the people?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Says the guy who is surrounded by armed security.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.