Holcomb signed permitless carry

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Holcomb signed permitless carry

Post by bignflnut »

Indiana Joins the Club – Governor Holcomb Signs Constitutional Carry Into Law
There was a lot of speculation about whether Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb would sign the Constitutional Carry bill that passed the legislature earlier this month, allow it to become law without his signature, or veto the measure as the head of the Indiana State Police had urged, but Monday night the governor put the guesses to rest by putting pen to paper and making Indiana the 24th state to recognize the right of legal gun owners to bear arms without a government-issued permission slip.

SNIP

My guess is that once the law takes effect in July the vast majority of Indianans aren’t going to notice any changes whatsoever… unless they choose to exercise their right to bear arms. And if it makes Carter feel any better, I suspect that a fair number of Hoosiers are going to continue to maintain their carry license if for no other reason than reciprocity agreements with other states (though the fact that Indiana’s license to carry is free from any government-imposed fees is also helpful).
Nobody calls people living in Indiana Indianans. Cam needs a better editor.

This is perhaps the ONLY culture war point that is being enacted via legislation in our agenda.

2022 is a good year locally for RKBA.
We're over the finish line on this one. Amen. Hallelujah.

Now let's go educate our fellow man, teaching them the responsibility and duty of self-defense, so that future generations cherish this Liberty.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Holcomb signed permitless carry

Post by kcclark »

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, lives in Indiana and she ain't happy. She also seems to think that all the laws regarding buying guns disappeared, at least that is the fear mongering angle she is using.
Anyways, she (Watts) is unhinged about this. So much so that she’s “spreading misinformation“ (hate that term) about with this new law actually does.
https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/with-i ... home-state
M-Quigley

Re: Holcomb signed permitless carry

Post by M-Quigley »

kcclark wrote:Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, lives in Indiana and she ain't happy. She also seems to think that all the laws regarding buying guns disappeared, at least that is the fear mongering angle she is using.
Anyways, she (Watts) is unhinged about this. So much so that she’s “spreading misinformation“ (hate that term) about with this new law actually does.
https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/with-i ... home-state
While her lying about the new law and buying guns is of course wrong, I can at least understand it, considering she is part of an anti gun group and will say any stupid thing, including knowingly lie, to advance an agenda. What gets me is WHIO-TV in Dayton Ohio, who is supposed to be a news organization spewing the exact same lies in regard to Ohio's new law. :(