Reward offered for gun store theft

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Reward offered for gun store theft

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/atf-off ... QFXYXFEYE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are some tiny pictures in the article but I wouldn't have been able to make out who they were even if I knew one of them. Sadly the sarcastic meme below gives more detail than the pictures from the ATF in the article. :(

MIDDLETOWN — The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced it is offering a reward of $12,500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of multiple people who burglarized a gun store Saturday morning.

At least three suspects forced open the front of NYC3 on Roosevelt Boulevard in Middletown, according to press release from the bureau.

Officials say they stole approximately 30 firearms.

Anyone with information about the burglary should call the ATF at 1.888.ATF.TIPS or submit a tip online.
Brian D.

Re: Reward offered for gun store theft

Post by Brian D. »

Kind of surprised I'd never heard of this store before. I try to keep track of where they are, within say 50 miles of home, at least on the Ohio side of the river. Only spot in Middletown proper that's on my radar is AIM Surplus.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

Brian D. wrote:Kind of surprised I'd never heard of this store before. I try to keep track of where they are, within say 50 miles of home, at least on the Ohio side of the river. Only spot in Middletown proper that's on my radar is AIM Surplus.

AIM isn't in Middletown anymore... they upgraded their digs a few years back. They have a nice showroom now compared to the plywood desk they had in Middletown. :)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

FormerNavy wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Kind of surprised I'd never heard of this store before. I try to keep track of where they are, within say 50 miles of home, at least on the Ohio side of the river. Only spot in Middletown proper that's on my radar is AIM Surplus.

AIM isn't in Middletown anymore... they upgraded their digs a few years back. They have a nice showroom now compared to the plywood desk they had in Middletown. :)
Yeah, I know they moved, but for some reason I think of their present location to be in Middletown, not Monroe.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Same thing here Brian, never heard of it before.
Google seems to indicate that they are mainly a 'CellPhone/Beeper/Repair/Wig' store.

JLE