Michigan school being sued

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Michigan school being sued

Post by M-Quigley »

I don't think they will allow the suit to go forward because the school will claim immunity of some kind, but IMO it was the right thing to do, if the facts are as presented so far. Perhaps if they had to pay out some money they will in the future take the steps they should've taken before this happened. :(

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/mich ... BSOZR3ETA/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Michigan school being sued

Post by catfish86 »

What is especially disturbing is that this kid was threatening to shoot up the school and the school put out a letter stating they had looked into it and the "rumor" was unfounded. Initially the school and sheriff addressed this prior and they said it was not related. Turns out it WAS the same kid meaning they lied about it. I kind of suspected this when some of the parents/kids stated they had stayed home that day. Kind of reminds me of Parkland where kids were who were only close enough to hear gunfire but knew who was doing it.

I also think if the parents are being charged some of these school officials are just as criminally negligent.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

If James wants to become Jeanie, the school won't tell the parents...hell, they'll call the student Jeanie.

So they're consistently not sharing what goes on in school with the parents.
The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent"[1] refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent.

Originally derived from English common law, the doctrine is applied in two separate areas of the law. First, it grants educational institutions such as colleges and schools discretion to act in the best interests of their students, although not allowing what would be considered violations of the students' civil liberties.[2] Second, this doctrine may allow a non-biological parent to exercise the legal rights and responsibilities of a biological parent if they have held themselves out as the parent.[3]
Perhaps the worst people on earth one could hire to look after their kids...from financial incentive, to spiritual proselytizing.

There is no neutrality, friends.Own and defend your position. Hold them to theirs. Resist the devil and he will flee.

How many of your grand-kids are going back there after the New Year?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Just to let you know the state of #Merica's schools and not be shocked that bloodshed occurs.

Should charge the substitute parents with neglect.
Near the end of sixth grade, Konen’s daughter told her she might be bisexual, and by the middle of the seventh grade, Konen was called to the school for a meeting with her daughter, a teacher, and the school principal.

In this file photo, a student walks on the campus of a school in Temecula, Calif., on March 23, 2016. (Frederic J. Brown/AFP via Getty Images)

The teacher told Konen her daughter was “trans fluid.”

“I sat across the table, and I was crying. I was trying to absorb everything.”

“They kept looking at me angrily because I kept saying ‘she,’ and that it was going to take me time to time to process everything,” she said. “I was very confused. … I was very upset. I was blindsided—completely blindsided.”

The teacher accused Konen of not being “emotionally supportive” of her daughter, who was to be called by a new name and male pronouns and would be using the unisex restroom at school.

“I felt she completely coached my child,” Konen said.

Konen said she was hurt that her daughter had not come to her first and the teacher acted in mean-spirited “smirking” way towards her.

“It made me feel very, very small as a parent. I was unaware of anything. Not one time had she mentioned to me ‘Oh, I think that I want to change my name,’ or ‘I’m transgender’ or anything. Nothing. I only heard bisexual one time, and that was it,” Konen said.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Another lawsuit and this one is dragging the gun store into it. I guess gun stores will have to ban anybody too young to own a firearm.
The gun dealer, ACME, did not adequately prevent Crumbley from purchasing the weapon for his then-15-year-old son, the suit claims, in what is known as a straw purchase. In Michigan, a person under the age of 18 cannot possess a handgun.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 771391001/