Some people offended over Santa getting a CC license

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Some people offended over Santa getting a CC license

Post by M-Quigley »

Some people just live to be offended about something I guess. :roll:

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/phot ... UVZF77ZEE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that link doesn't work for you there's this one

https://kdvr.com/news/local/twitter-pic ... so-county/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office posted a picture that has caused backlash online.

The photo, posted by the sheriff’s Twitter account, shows a bearded man in a red suit sitting at a desk. The photo is accompanied by text reading: “Guess who came in to receive his Concealed Handgun Permit today?” The post includes a Santa Claus emoji.

Within five hours, the tweet received over 550 comments, many arguing the photo was inappropriate, with one man saying his child is now scared of Santa, KDVR reported.

I’m sitting here in downtown Oxford, MI, waiting for the candlelight vigil to start to pay tribute to 4 students who were murdered by a handgun smuggled into the school. But by all means, tell kids Santa carries a concealed weapon.
— Joseph Johnson (@jage750) December 3, 2021

Posting this tells me your professional judgment is impaired.

What is your message to children here? Santa has a legally concealed weapon? For protection against elves, reindeer, children who take a peek on Xmas eve? There is enough anxiety among children already. pic.twitter.com/R6jP8IFQt4
— Low Flexibility (@LowFlexibility) December 3, 2021

The sheriff’s office responded with another tweet, saying “EPSO intended to highlight our staff in the Concealed Handgun Permit Office, not to be insensitive. Santa correlates to the month of December and we thought he would help to recognize our hardworking staff.”
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: Some people offended over Santa getting a CC license

Post by evan price »

Haven't they watched 'Fatman'?
Santa is one tough dude.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
M-Quigley

Re: Some people offended over Santa getting a CC license

Post by M-Quigley »

evan price wrote:Haven't they watched 'Fatman'?
Santa is one tough dude.
Someone else told me that, and I'm :oops: that I didn't know about that movie. I am however getting it from the library, sounds interesting. :)

My wife watches those Christmas movies on LIfetime, but I told her I prefer Christmas movies like Die hard. :lol: