"Kyle's Law" relief for victims of politically moitivated pr

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

"Kyle's Law" relief for victims of politically moitivated pr

Post by Bruenor »

I like the sound of this one.. Even when they win they lose, I know I wouldn't want to have to pay that attorney bill for my defense.. this would at least give victims of malicious prosecution an avenue of recourse.

https://outline.com/Z2RHpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Branca proposes Kyle’s Law to force the state and prosecutor to personally be on the line if the case brought is what Branca calls “laughably weak.” He also wants to make probable cause hearings meaningful again by requiring the state to demonstrate it has enough evidence to bring the case to trial. He wants to make it possible to sue the cop who made up stuff on charging documents, forever besmirching the name of the defendant, as well.
Sen. Nathan Dahm, R-Broken Arrow, has filed legislation to ensure Oklahomans who use self-defense won’t have to face trial for political reasons. If the measure becomes law, victims of malicious prosecution would be able to receive compensation for expenses and damages. Dahm filed Senate Bill 1120, called Kyle’s Law, on Tuesday.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: "Kyle's Law" relief for victims of politically moitivate

Post by Javelin Man »

As they say, you can indict a ham sandwich. Now, what if that ham sandwich can sue you back? I don't see as much pork getting fried.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Prosecutors are lawyers. Politicians are also often lawyers, right? They don't often "eat their own kind" much. There will be loopholes big enough to drive a truck through in any such law.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

While I think it's the right thing to do, I'm under no illusions it will stop malicious prosecutions. A similar law in Florida didn't stop George Zimmerman from getting a malicious prosecution. After all, why would the state care if they had to pay up for a malicious prosecution? It's not the prosecutors personal money, it's the taxpayers. :roll: