Everytons spending $1.8 Million on Virginia Governors race

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Everytons spending $1.8 Million on Virginia Governors race

Post by Bruenor »

Everytown is spending big money on the Virginia governors race with attack adds against the pro 2A candidate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -elections" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety announced on Thursday that it would be spending $1.8 million in the 2021 Virginia elections to back the Democratic candidates for governor, Terry McAuliffe; lieutenant governor, Hala Ayala; and attorney general, Mark Herring.

“Virginian voters gave lawmakers a mandate to take bold action on gun safety, and now Glenn Youngkin and the Republicans want to roll it all back — which is why we're going all out to elect gun sense lawmakers in November," Everytown President John Feinblatt said. "As Virginia votes, the nation often follows, so our investments in the Commonwealth will set the stage for electing gun sense champions across the country in the 2022 midterms.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: Everytons spending $1.8 Million on Virginia Governors ra

Post by M-Quigley »

I think the Democrats are going to win in Va but I don't think gun related issues will be the reason. It is Halloween season and the Democrats have been trotting out Trump as the evil boogeyman all month long. It may be all they got but it works for some ignorant people. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. :(
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Congrats to Virginia

Glenn Younkin (R) wins Governor Race
Winsome Sears (R) wins lieutenant Governor

Both candidates are Pro 2A
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Bruenor wrote:Congrats to Virginia

Looks like Republicans took the attorney general seat and several assembly seats, too.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Now, will Younkin et al take on the teachers unions? Will they change the curriculum? Will they involve parents?

Will they roll back red flag ideas? Will they do anything pro 2A?

Will they govern like they just won? Or will the inevitable lawsuits, name calling, obfuscation, etc stop them?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:Congrats to Virginia

I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

When CA had it's governor's race the local news spent a portion of it's airtime and website on how the results were some kind of bell weather for Democrats nationally, Last week they covered VA politics, and how important it might be for the 2022 nationwide midterms, how Trump was still a factor in the race (according to the Dem. governor) and also Biden stumping for him, and to show some kind of alleged support for Biden's agenda. (blah blah) So when I watched the local TV news today I expected at least a mention of the results, not one word. It's like the gov. election in VA never happened. :?: So I thought that perhaps they didn't have time in their half hour coverage for non local news, (although they found plenty of time to cover other news in other states, and Biden's climate summit) so I went to their website, which always has something, and had plenty of VA politics last week. Not one word. :?: I had to google it to get the actual results.

Another surprise is the NJ race is still too close to call. Although I'm sure the Dem. candidate will eventually pull ahead (one way or the other) the fact that it's even close right now in a traditional blue state is surprising.