Shooting death and injury on Alec Baldwin movie set.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Shooting death and injury on Alec Baldwin movie set.

Post by Brian D. »

This will be worth following. As it stands now, Baldwin is said to have fired the shot or shots in question.

The media (and sheriff's department) keep referring to the firearm used as a "prop gun". By my understanding, a prop gun is just a lookalike, doesn't fire ammunition or blanks.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
EricTheBald

Re: Shooting death and injury on Alec Baldwin movie set.

Post by EricTheBald »

Props can be real guns that fire real bullets.

Something seems odd about the story.

It's a western, right? So, single action revolvers, but TWO people were shot?
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Could be similar to what killed Brandon Lee..

Blanks and something in the barrel that became a projectile.

One prop house boasts 15,000 Live firearms.. so yes they can be real firearms. they also have blank only and inert firearms 'props'
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

This is going to be a great story...Alec has always been an anti, and now he's killed more people with firearms than millions who own multiple firearms.

Perhaps he was set up...perhaps he's trying to make a point so Congress will move prior to 2022 rout....

God only knows the darkness in this story.

To be sure, this will be spun against us in a tidal wave of gaslighting.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

The headlines are all wrong. It should be "Alec Baldwin Kills One And Injures One With Gun On Movie Set".
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Now they are saying that the gun that was used, they have no idea where it came from or who owns it. Something fishy here.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

As with the Brandon Lee incident, I think that it'll be some time yet before what actually transpired will come to-light.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Baldwin’s is the gun owner ?
High Power

Post by High Power »

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Here's my early take on it.
Links at the bottom.

They were conducting an indoor rehearsal perhaps checking the camera angle, when some guy picks up a gun off a cart and yells "Cold gun" without checking it, and hands it to Baldwin, who also doesn't check it, but fires it, probably towards the camera. He hits the camera-person in the chest and the round continues through and hits the director somewhere. I can imagine the director standing behind the camera-person looking over their shoulder as they frame the shot.
What I can't imagine is someone picking up a gun and without looking at it, handing it to me and saying "It's empty" and me not opening it to see for myself.

Safety rules they didn't follow, besides the obvious ones we live with, include shooting at unmanned cameras only and no one within a certain distance when shooting.
The sheriff has a warrant for the clothes Baldwin was wearing, to possible check for spatter.
Interesting that seven union crew members had recently walked off the job citing safety concerns, including firearms, and were replaced with four non union members

Rumors that it was Baldwin's personal gun and that he had been shooting it earlier are proving unfounded thus far

**EDIT** Found this top one right after I made this post:
https://news.yahoo.com/alec-baldwin-rus ... 09810.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/crew- ... uxbndlbing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://hollywoodlife.com/2021/10/23/al ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldw ... 234861151/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://deadline.com/2021/10/rust-movie ... 234860497/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:The headlines are all wrong. It should be "Alec Baldwin Kills One And Injures One With Gun On Movie Set".
You criticizing my thread title? :lol: Like the mainstream media, I wanted to put the story up FIRST, not accurately! :mrgreen:

********************************************************************************
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:This will be worth following. As it stands now, Baldwin is said to have fired the shot or shots in question.

The media (and sheriff's department) keep referring to the firearm used as a "prop gun". By my understanding, a prop gun is just a lookalike, doesn't fire ammunition or blanks.
This guy IMHO is a dirt bag and always will be,... I hope he is charged for this.
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

There were several AD that same day before the shooting.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I can't imagine something like this happening on the set of a John Wick movie, solely because Keanu Reaves is a known competition level shooter. I don't know if he actually competes, but I do he's trained to the extent that he COULD compete.

The point is, I can't picture him not checking his own firearm on a movie set.

It seems to me that one simple change could prevent this going forward, and I'm amazed that it hasn't been done yet.

If the insurance companies that cover movie production required that ALL personnel on set be given a BASIC firearms safety course, and that anyone who would be actually handling guns (prop or real), take an abbreviated safety/range course of the type that Ohio requires for a CCL, that along could solve the problem.
Note: If you eliminated the "legal" part of the Ohio gun course and shaved it down to just safety and range time, you could easily do it all in a single day.

"The Problem" being that Hollywood types are unlikely to know a single damn thing about guns, and therefore do not know how to handle them safely.

In fact, if I were one of those unfortunate soul trapped behind enemy lines in California, I might be looking at setting up a firearms safety training business for actors.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

There is video of Reaves participating in matches. You make excellent points about the safety course, Eric. If the instructors could overcome the egos of the actors, that is.