S&W Announces plans to move to a free state

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

S&W Announces plans to move to a free state

Post by Bruenor »

Good to hear.

https://www.nssf.org/articles/smith-wes ... ributions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smith & Wesson announced their plans to relocate headquarters and assembly operations from Springfield, Mass., to Maryville, Tenn.

“This follows a pattern of firearm and ammunition manufacturers that are migrating to states that respect the contributions of the firearm industry and respect the Second Amendment rights of those who purchase their products,” said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel.
Alabama
Remington Outdoor Company moved much of its production from New York to Huntsville.
Kimber expanded production to Troy, over Yonkers, N.Y. It later relocated the corporate headquarters to Alabama.
Iowa
Les Baer moved from restrictive Illinois to LeClaire, Iowa, in 2007.
Lewis Machine & Tool Company (LMT) left Illinois after 40 years to relocate to Iowa in 2019.
Mississippi
Olin Corporation’s Winchester Ammunition moved from East Alton, Ill., to Oxford in 2011.
North Carolina
Sturm, Ruger and Co. expanded production in Mayodan in 2013.
Pennsylvania
Kahr Arms moved their headquarters to Greely, Penn., from New York after the state rushed through passage of the SAFE Act.
South Carolina
American Tactical Imports relocated 100 jobs and its manufacturing from Rochester, N.Y., to Summerville, S.C., in 2013.
PTR Industries left Connecticut for Aynor in 2013, where it set up shop.
Tennessee
Beretta moved firearm production and engineering and design to Gallatin, Tenn., from Maryland in 2015 over concerns of increasingly strict gun control legislation.
Texas
Mossberg expanded production in Eagle Pass, Texas, in 2013, instead of growing its New Haven, Conn., plant.
Colt Competition moved from Canby, Ore., to Breckenridge, Texas, in 2013.
Wyoming
Magpul Industries left Boulder, Colo., after the state passed magazine restrictions and moved production to Laramie, Wyo.
Weatherby Inc.’s Adam Weatherby announced at SHOT Show in 2018 he was moving the company from California to Sheridan, Wyo.
Accessories maker HiViz announced in 2013 they were leaving Fort Collins, Colo., over restrictive gun control legislation to Laramie.
Stag Arms announced in 2019 they were opening their new facility in Cheyenne, Wyo., after leaving their former headquarters in New Britain, Conn.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: S&W Announces plans to move to a free state

Post by Javelin Man »

And the states that are losing the companies will claim victory, their citizens are safer now. :roll: :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
docachna

Post by docachna »

Knowing the area where Maryville is, I’ll wager there are more S&W’s in the surrounding 10 miles than in their factory and warehouse combined!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Stopped in a gun store in Maryville a couple times. Among the local law enforcement trade in handguns were several model 20 Glocks. It's bear country.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:Stopped in a gun store in Maryville a couple times. Among the local law enforcement trade in handguns were several model 20 Glocks. It's bear country.
I used to ride motorcycles in that area a lot, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were bears. I didn't see any on the roads (thank goodness) but then I never saw any on the road northwest of there around the town of Jamestown either. I went walking through a wooded area though and didn't have to go far to encounter a black bear. All I had with me was a .45 but thankfully I didn't end up needing it, the bear just looked at me and then ignored me.