ATF Prepares to target firearm manufacturers

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

ATF Prepares to target firearm manufacturers

Post by Bruenor »

Time for the alphabet boys to go on a fishing expedition against firearms manufacturers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/07/leak-s ... nd-others/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A leaked email shows that The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is seeking volunteer Industry Operations Inspectors (IOIs) to serve on temporary detail to the Boston field office in Mid-October of this year.

The email was sent out across the ATF to get volunteers for the operation. The purpose of the detail is to carry out several large-scale inspections of gun manufactures and sub-contractors in the New England area. The action isn’t limited to any single firearms manufacture. It seems like the ATF is targeting the gun industry in New England as a whole. The ATF is not acting on any actionable information but will be looking for record-keeping and other compliance violations.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: ATF Prepares to target firearm manufacturers

Post by WY_Not »

The last paragraph of the article is the money shot. EVERY single firearm manufacturer and related supplier needs to stand in solidarity and refuse to sell to or provide any service work to the federal government. Pity that Ronnie G. Barrett was/is the only one with the stones to do so.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
eugene

Post by eugene »

If I lived in Boston I'd volunteer. "let me see your records, pk, looks good to me"
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

The ''other'' W-N 8) quote for the win
WY_Not wrote:The last paragraph of the article is the money shot. EVERY single firearm manufacturer and related supplier needs to stand in solidarity and refuse to sell to or provide any service work to the federal government. Pity that Ronnie G. Barrett was/is the only one with the stones to do so.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Nah... the original W-N. :wink: Been using that nom de plume for at least 20 years.
WhyNot wrote:The ''other'' W-N 8) quote for the win
WY_Not wrote:The last paragraph of the article is the money shot. EVERY single firearm manufacturer and related supplier needs to stand in solidarity and refuse to sell to or provide any service work to the federal government. Pity that Ronnie G. Barrett was/is the only one with the stones to do so.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Yes I know U were 1st (rub it in LoL)

ACTUALLY...

I looked kinda thru the nicknames b4 settling on this one, thought it was safe :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good