ATF Background Checking Buyers use CHL to bypass NICS

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

ATF Background Checking Buyers use CHL to bypass NICS

Post by Bruenor »

So they are going to discover what.. that I would pass anyway ? Sounds like an awesome use of limited resources..

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/07/new-le ... z6zWlurGMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AmmoLand News learned through a leaked Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) conference call that the agency is starting to run gun buyers retroactively through the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

In the conference call, the ATF leadership asked its Industry Operations Inspectors (IOI) to collect information on the customers that used concealed carry permits instead of obtaining a background check through the NICS. The purpose of obtaining this information would be to run the customer’s data through the NICS to see if the customer would have received an approved or denied status. In addition, the IOI will pass on the names and information of customers denied by the NICS to the criminal branch for a special agent to follow up.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: ATF Background Checking Buyers use CHL to bypass NICS

Post by Javelin Man »

I"m sure it will run front page if everyone passed the background check. :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well, we do know that here in Ohio, county Clerks of Courts offices are months or even over a year behind entering criminal convictions that would disqualify purchasers from receiving a firearm. "We don't have the personnel/resources to keep up!" they claim. I'm pretty sure other states' Clerks of Courts make the same lame excuse.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Rest assured the real purpose is to find those, no matter how small the number, who wouldn't pass NICS at a later date. In my opinion, it is just to gather data to eliminate the option for dealers entirely. The goal is to have 100% registration for the eventual planned confiscation.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Cosmos wrote:Rest assured the real purpose is to find those, no matter how small the number, who wouldn't pass NICS at a later date. In my opinion, it is just to gather data to eliminate the option for dealers entirely. The goal is to have 100% registration for the eventual planned confiscation.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. Here's hoping the FFL's and manufacturers that cooperate with this nonsense get hammered hard in their pocketbook.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

MY STATE did it

I (personally) bypassed NOTHING

I guess if the FFL is audited or perhaps, tortured with various implements i.e. thumbscrew, the childrens will be sold into indenturement, fields razed and farm animals, well.... I will be FOUND OUT

My sinful purchase was a Over/Under shotgun, nicely figured wood, nice factory case

I surmise it will therefore be deemed to be a ''ghost O/U '' or ''tacticool OU.'' The stupids (previously referenced as journalists) will paint the OU as a supremicisticsist term to the Uneducateds. I mean, let's be serious; if I am ''Over the Unders'' what else could it possibly mean :?:

:P :P

(sorry, I M trying out a new coffee. Spoon bounces off of surface crust, VERY thick, VERY black, VERY stinky. Heart rate is up, could you all please stop spinning)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

There is a small subset of people that will have committed a disqualifying event and not yet had their actual card seized.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

catfish86 wrote:There is a small subset of people that will have committed a disqualifying event and not yet had their actual card seized.
.....aaaaaannddd...... WHEN they fill out the 4473 yellow form they do a bad deed :shock: twice then don't they?

Right around ''zero'' to do with the GOOD FREE CITIZEN, in concert with the HEAVILY REGULATED business owner a.k.a. Ye Olde Firearms Shoppe, following the allowed law.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good