NC #Heroes checking out

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

NC #Heroes checking out

Post by bignflnut »

North Carolina police force says it WON'T respond in-person to 911 calls about theft, fraud, or trespassing after 84 cops left the force since January 2020

Asheville, North Carolina police won't respond in-person to low-level crimes
Theft, fraud, trespassing, property damage complaints must be filed online
Move comes after department has lost 84 police officers since January 2020
Attrition rate increased since May 2020 police-involved death of George Floyd
Before Floyd's death, attrition rate in Asheville stood at around one per month
In the four months after Floyd died, it surged to around 7.5 per month
The rate of attrition in APD now stands at around 6 per month, police chief said
Last fall, city council voted to reallocate just 3% of APD's $30million budget
The. State. Can. Not. Keep. You. Safe.

This labor market, amIright?

The #Heroes are scurrying away as their qualified immunity fades -- and many are sympathetic.

The vaunted "thin blue line" is impotent and will no longer respond to "low-level crimes", at least in this NC community.

Learn the ways of the citizen militia.
Self-defense is the only recourse left to citizens from common criminals when the police are not on the scene (which is most of the time), and especially when usurpers and tyrants control the police and employ them to enforce their usurpation and tyranny (which in that event is all of the time). A true “government” is obliged, as a condition of its legitimacy and authority, to provide its citizens with protection under all circumstances–which requires it to empower, enable, or at least allow those citizens to possess and use efficacious means for self-defense when it cannot protect them directly, which is the case from time to time when common criminals or psychopaths strike unexpectedly, or at all times when society finds itself ground down under the iron heels of sociopathic usurpers and tyrants. For public officials affirmatively and intentionally to make impossible self-protection by the citizens, by requiring them to surrender their firearms and render themselves utterly defenseless in the face of deadly aggression, puts an end to the citizens’ “reciprocal obligation[ ]” of allegiance to the government. But if that allegiance is nonetheless forced by, say, requiring citizens to suffer in silence house to house searches for and seizures of firearms, under color of law, what other than tyranny has been established? A government that refuses protection to its citizens, but instead exposes them to destruction, cannot demand their allegiance; and a government that demands their allegiance without offering them protection–let alone while prohibiting them from protecting themselves–is no government at all, only a criminal conspiracy among the public officials constituting it.4
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NC #Heroes checking out

Post by carmen fovozzo »

We ain't seen nothing yet.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

NOTE here when contemplating use of firearm to prevent petty crime: You CANNOT use deadly force to protect PROPERTY. You can tell someone to stop which is legal. If they do anything that threatens your physical safety, use of force is justified to defend yourself. You may argue that you have instigated the situation BUT my take is the thief instigated the situation.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

catfish86 wrote:NOTE here when contemplating use of firearm to prevent petty crime: You CANNOT use deadly force to protect PROPERTY. You can tell someone to stop which is legal. If they do anything that threatens your physical safety, use of force is justified to defend yourself. You may argue that you have instigated the situation BUT my take is the thief instigated the situation.
What you say is true in many states, however, there are some states, usually in the west, whose state constitutions have the word "property" included in the sections that define use of force.
I suspect to address the problem of horse thieves stealing a farmer's means of supporting himself and family.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

You are right. The most notorious of this is Texas. But you definitely got the reasoning right. It is NOT that the horse is more valuable than life but rather taking it does pose a danger to the life and well being of the owner. It's also the fact that in more rural places there is no response time, its up to you to stop it as a practical matter.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.