Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire

Post by Bruenor »

Terrific parenting..... I know what my fathers response would have been, if I had asked him to help me do a drive-by, even with a paintball gun.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/boy ... e-78028379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thinking his home was under attack, a Florida homeowner shot and wounded a 10-year-old whose father had driven him to participate in a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun, police said.
He fired one shot, which struck the child. The boy then lost his balance and was run over by his father's vehicle, police said.
The Miami Herald reports the father was charged with child neglect with great bodily harm. According to a police report, Williams “acted recklessly by agreeing to conduct a drive-by paint ball shooting,”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
docachna

Re: Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunf

Post by docachna »

Reminds me of when my son was a senior at Pickerington in 2005. Some of his buds decided to storm classmates' houses at like 6:30 a.m., close to graduation, running around with Airsoft guns or similar, of of which they had torn off the orange tips. My wife was walking a dog and two of them burst out from behind a bush.

She screamed, and I grabbed my Glock and came running out of the house to see what the hell was going on. They took one look at the Glock (NOT raised), and they threw those fakes down so quick, you would have thought they were red-hot !

We proceeded to inform them what stupid a***oles they were, and outlined for them how lucky they were they BOTH hadn't gotten shot. They apologized profusely, and politely asked if they could take their guns.

Apparently our house became the stuff of legend with his graduating class that day.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE