Sheriff says something important r/t stopped mass shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Sheriff says something important r/t stopped mass shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/depu ... AJAOEH75Q/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although the guy was stopped before he could carry out a mass shooting and concealed carry wasn't involved, the Sheriff said something that people who are able to carry concealed but don't need to consider. I know of too many people who can legally carry concealed and say things like, "I only carry if I think I need to." :?: Not one of those people has ever given me the winning lotto numbers or the name of the winning horse at Churchill Downs. Plus, if I thought I would "need" my firearm to go someplace I'd be leery of going there in the first place.
“This case reminds us that we need to always be vigilant,” Sheriff Larry Leitha said Sunday in a statement. “Many think, ‘that can’t happen here,’ and it was well on the way to happening.
It's great if LE were able to always stop mass shootings before they start, but the reality is that is the exception not the rule.
docachna

Re: Sheriff says something important r/t stopped mass shooti

Post by docachna »

I got the same Bovine Scatology from a lefty sister in law in Santa Barbara, no less. "Why do you carry that gun everywhere you go ?", etc., etc.

Finally, I told her I'd make her a deal. I would ONLY carry when I was going to need it, but it was HER JOB to tell me when I was going to need it.

Thought she was going to blow her top.

What fun !!!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
M-Quigley

Re: Sheriff says something important r/t stopped mass shooti

Post by M-Quigley »

docachna wrote:I got the same Bovine Scatology from a lefty sister in law in Santa Barbara, no less. "Why do you carry that gun everywhere you go ?", etc., etc.

Finally, I told her I'd make her a deal. I would ONLY carry when I was going to need it, but it was HER JOB to tell me when I was going to need it.

Thought she was going to blow her top.

What fun !!!!!
I like that, will have to remember that one, thanks. :)