Man openly carrying cleared of robbery charge

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Man openly carrying cleared of robbery charge

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.wtvy.com/2021/04/29/man-who ... ry-charge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was a semi auto AR, not an "assault rifle". He did plead guilty to menacing, a misdemeanor. While merely opening carrying shouldn't be considered menacing, (IMO :roll: ) I guess it would depend on his motive for carrying it at the time and at that place? He was frustrated in previous attempts to get his back pay, and maybe thought this would speed things up? I didn't see in the article whether he got his AR back or not.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Man openly carrying cleared of robbery charge

Post by WhyNot »

Article cited has a bolded correction towards bottom, ''story updated this is not an assault rifle'' wording?

I don't think I've EVER seen that b4!

Right b4 that, the story says it's been THREE YEARS and dude hasn't received his money.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good