Boulder, CO Grocery store shooting: 10 deceased

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Boulder, CO Grocery store shooting: 10 deceased

Post by bignflnut »

Officers A law enforcement source told ABC News officers were responding to a report of someone being shot in the parking lot, and when they arrived at the scene, the suspect opened fire on them using a long gun. Back up in the form of other agencies, including the SWAT team, quickly arrived. ABC News also confirmed that the death toll is at six. Officers are waiting until family members have been notified to release a final death toll, along with names for the victims.

"Without that quick response, we don't know if there would have been more loss of life," Yamaguchi said.

The commander and Boulder District Attorney Michael Michael Dougherty said at the news conference that they will be releasing more information on the deceased victims, including the exact number of victims soon, as they are still notifying families.
A D is voted in and we have "mass" shootings in consecutive weeks....I'm sure it's not a thing, though...

Certainly focus on this, not the border crisis, economic collapse, or a dementia patient tripping constantly...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
machinegunkelly

Re: Boulder, CO Grocery store shooting: 10 deceased

Post by machinegunkelly »

BFN
Just like the Lucky Charms guy, when things are quiet and the lefts agenda is not advancing on gun control, it does seem that these instances do MAGICALLY APPEAR

Also peaceful/not riots continue nightly, but the American people are not informed about them.
MGK
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This story came up in a local politics page (even though such out of region topics violate the posting rules). Anyway, one of the frequent flyer leftists snidely asked 'Where were the concealed carry licensees who claim they can stop such an attack before the police arrive?'

I just happened to recall that those particular grocery stores, at least in Boulder, are posted against carry, and shared that information. So, the lawful carriers were either voluntarily disarmed, or maybe more likely, spending their money elsewhere.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:This story came up in a local politics page (even though such out of region topics violate the posting rules). Anyway, one of the frequent flyer leftists snidely asked 'Where were the concealed carry licensees who claim they can stop such an attack before the police arrive?'

I just happened to recall that those particular grocery stores, at least in Boulder, are posted against carry, and shared that information. So, the lawful carriers were either voluntarily disarmed, or maybe more likely, spending their money elsewhere.
The only thing I could find online about the Soopers chain (not that particular store) is that they allegedly ask their customers not to open carry. With just the little info out so far, I suspect it's just like the Walmart in Texas. There hasn't been much mass shootings lately in the news, and people who could carry concealed just aren't, until something is in the news. (complacency ?) :(

Some people say they only carry when they think they might need to. :?: None of them have ever given me the race results at the track, or the winning lotto numbers yet though.

Allegedly there was a mass vaccination event going on there. Even if that location wasn't a so called no guns zone, many mass vaccination sites that are indoors are technically no gun zones, like the one I saw at a med center, or at my Dr.s office.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's one hell of a coincidence that right after the covid relief bill was passed that I heard on the news some Democratic rep claim the next thing on the agenda was passing so called "common sense" gun control, and now there is 2 mass shootings in the same week. :roll:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't keep close track of gun laws several states away, but know that Denver and especially Boulder have resisted the concept of statewide preemption as much as they can.

********************************************************************************
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote: I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's one hell of a coincidence that right after the covid relief bill was passed that I heard on the news some Democratic rep claim the next thing on the agenda was passing so called "common sense" gun control, and now there is 2 mass shootings in the same week. :roll:

Boulder gunman Ahmad Alissa, 21, is charged with ten counts of murder at grocery store where victims were getting vaccine shots: Cops reveal shooter 'lived most of his life in US' and was shot through leg in massacre

The gunman from Monday's shooting has been named as 21-year-old Ahmad Alissa of Arvada, Colorado
He opened fire in the parking lot of King Soopers grocery at 3pm, killing two people before entering the store
Once inside, he shot and killed another eight people before being arrested by Boulder Police Department
In Facebook posts over the last 18 months, he complained that he didn't have a girlfriend and hated Trump
Alissa's brother also told The Daily Beast he was 'very anti-social' and has been 'paranoid' since high school
The victims range in age from 20 to 65; among them was a cop, shoppers and people who were getting their COVID-19 vaccine
Alissa will be discharged from the hospital and booked into Boulder County Jail on Tuesday afternoon
Alissa said his brother was “very anti-social” and paranoid, adding that, in high school, he would describe “being chased, someone is behind him, someone is looking for him.”

“When he was having lunch with my sister in a restaurant, he said, ‘People are in the parking lot, they are looking for me.’ She went out, and there was no one. We didn’t know what was going on in his head,” Alissa said, admitting that he believes his brother is mentally ill.
Nobody was in his head, clearly...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:Allegedly there was a mass vaccination event going on there. Even if that location wasn't a so called no guns zone, many mass vaccination sites that are indoors are technically no gun zones, like the one I saw at a med center, or at my Dr.s office.
Are they? Under what law? Or is that a Colorado thing?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JustaShooter wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Allegedly there was a mass vaccination event going on there. Even if that location wasn't a so called no guns zone, many mass vaccination sites that are indoors are technically no gun zones, like the one I saw at a med center, or at my Dr.s office.
This all sounds a little like the gray area of whether or not a bus full of students entering a sit down restaurant legally turns it into a "school zone" when one of us is already in there. Or the way zoos in Ohio claim to be part of a school district as an excuse to ban carry.

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
This all sounds a little like the gray area of whether or not a bus full of students entering a sit down restaurant legally turns it into a "school zone" when one of us is already in there. Or the way zoos in Ohio claim to be part of a school district as an excuse to ban carry.
Still not getting there - not a school event, so what portion of Ohio law might cover them?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't think there's any specific prohibition against carry at medical facilities. But I challenge all y'all to find any permanent ones that aren't posted against it. Maybe M-Q saw "No guns" signs at one of these pop up scamdemic vaccination places?

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:I don't think there's any specific prohibition against carry at medical facilities. But I challenge all y'all to find any permanent ones that aren't posted against it. Maybe M-Q saw "No guns" signs at one of these pop up scamdemic vaccination places?
I don't mean hospitals or Dr.'s office are prohibited by statue, I mean almost every medical facility in my area has the no guns sign, including my Doctor. It's not his fault, he doesn't own the building he works out of. In my county the health dept is doing the Covid shots indoors at a outpatient hospital facility, and they (just like the hospital) has no gun signs. I think this facility also has outpatient mental health services as well, so I don't know if that's covered by statue or not. My dentist and eye Dr. own their building and don't have "no guns for the law abiding" signs.

CBS and other news outlets are claiming that a judge threw out a local Boulder law against assault weapons because the NRA won in court over state preemption and the shooter bought the AR pistol afterwards. I'm not familiar with CO law but even if Boulders ban had been upheld couldn't he have gone to some other city and bought one? Does anyone remember when Ohio cities had their own gun laws, if you lived in, say, Dayton, were you technically able to go to a gun store outside of town and buy a gun, then bring it back to Dayton? Granted, the possession of said gun might've been illegal in Dayton but if you were planning on doing a mass murder why would you care?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

It's now being widely reported that the suspect did pass a background check prior to his purchase. That is NOT of course stopping all the politicians who are still saying that this incident shows the need to pass a law to require background checks on all gun transfers. :roll: