I'll say it: Looks like OFCC is finished. :/

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: I'll say it: Looks like OFCC is finished. :/

Post by JU-87 »

Chuck
Thank you for the report.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

khufford wrote:
I'm not going tit for tat with you and it's not my place to share anything. I'm just here to tell you that this might not be the right org for you (seems you already came to this conclusion) so why not just move along?

I wish you the best...
That's the response I thought I'd get from you: claims, but when asked for proof, you offer nothing. It must be "secret". :roll:

This USED to be the "right org for me". I used to see evidence of action.

I just not going to pay $60 a year to an internet forum, when I believe most here use it for free. (The rules allow that. Why would they pay?) I'll donate my $60+ a year to a state group that shows action/results.

Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Time for the ''effective organization'' e.g. OFCC to sing out a little, what's been going on behind scenes etc.

Although ANYTHING done with limited ca$h is one shoe off before the whistle blows, in ANY race.
Thanks Chuck for the update(s) and heralding what others have said, a speedy recovery for ALL the right reasons.

BROTHERS... to reach the juggernaut status of '' OMG!! IT'S VCL and THEY'RE COMING FOR ME!'' takes lotsa mo mo boocoo CA$H.

And a few dozen more Chuck types 8)

RE:

I just not going to pay $60 a year to an internet forum, when I believe most here use it for free. (The rules...
In a mere few moments after the thread start, Chuck answered and gave what I thought to be a substantive update and bonafide reasons (e.g. health)

And the ''ppl here use it for free'' comment is kinda shifting goal posts from, the .org isn't doing anything in Columbus or other local areas, isn't it? Yes, it is.

Are there any other qualms / problems that anyone would care to aire?

Personally, I think some subforums have way-way tooooo many sticky's , some of which (IMHO) are outdated / irrelevant. That is, if a sticky hasn't been responded to in ten years, why leave it open?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
khufford

Post by khufford »

JU-87 wrote:
khufford wrote:
I'm not going tit for tat with you and it's not my place to share anything. I'm just here to tell you that this might not be the right org for you (seems you already came to this conclusion) so why not just move along?

I wish you the best...
That's the response I thought I'd get from you: claims, but when asked for proof, you offer nothing. It must be "secret". :roll:

I just not going to pay $60 a year to an internet forum, when I believe most here use it for free. (The rules allow that. Why would they pay?) I'll donate my $60+ a year to a state group that shows action/results.

Best regards.
I think Chuck just gave you the "proof" you need.

I'm not gonna beg you to stay. Sorry this didn't go as you planned.
Some random nobody...
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

khufford wrote:
JU-87 wrote:
khufford wrote:

I wish you the best...

Best regards.
I think Chuck just gave you the "proof" you need.

I'm not gonna beg you to stay. Sorry this didn't go as you planned.

I don't think he [JU-87] understands everyone at OFCC is a volunteer. WE do not make ONE PENNY for the hundreds and sometime thousands of hours of our donated time. I guess we Can't make everyone happy. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
nurkvinny

Post by nurkvinny »

JU-87 wrote:
khufford wrote:

I wish you the best...

Best regards.
Drama llama. Bye. I love this forum. It teaches me new things each week, and even if YOU can't see evidence, many, many of us use info learned from here to spread 2A details, donate, volunteer, etc. I know I'm not alone.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

There was a time when I was more involved with the backstage activities of this organization. I'm not now but that's not important. I continue to serve as the forum janitor.

What is worth mentioning is that the things that go out in public are like the part of the iceberg you can see. The vast bulk of it is concealed beneath the surface.

Thanks to covid and the unrest in the country right now, being able to actually do "things" in public had been pretty much cut off.

You may deride it as 'secret squirrels' stuff. But yes there are a lot of things that are literally secrets. Allies that really aren't helpful. Opponents that don't really oppose. Politicians that have to say one thing to toe the party line but will work with you sub rosa.
These things do not get discussed in public.
Like the man said, politics and sausage, nobody wants to watch them being made.

An all volunteer organization will bring returns of just how much you put into it.

If you don't think OFCC is worth $60 a year (that's what... a tank of gas in my truck, a week's worth of lunches, or a box of 9mm nowadays!) Then please by all means contribute where you believe you can make a difference. Continue to check in here from time to time, you might be pleasantly surprised. Just don't write off Pro-2A activism altogether. I know we'll need to pull up our belts and get to work once the Biden gun control orders start going out.

Thanks for continuing to believe in the cause.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

You may deride it as 'secret squirrels' stuff. But yes there are a lot of things that are literally secrets. Allies that really aren't helpful. Opponents that don't really oppose. Politicians that have to say one thing to toe the party line but will work with you sub rosa.
Not new, novel, or nouveau.

Remember,the Cuber Missile Crisis (1962?) was settled rather informally, at a face to face meeting. Missiles were gone. And remain that way almost 60 years and counting.

HERE'S A HINT: BEST THINK ON THESE THINGS ^^^^ 'cause the dear Gov is a VERY skilled politician, and, is openly ADVOCATING for his fried tripe gun proposals to somehow ''magically'' be transformed into T-bone steaks, via the CURRENT BUDGET PROCESS.

WHAT, not the IF, is being promised 'behind the scenes' to get the magic a-goin' .

LET THE ADVOCACY be, this; have YOU THE READER contacted your electeds in the OGA, LATELY??????
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I just bought 5 new mags on this site and saved $75.00 off retail. Who said OFCC isn’t worth his time..

Volunteering is a noble thing to do..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

nurkvinny wrote:
Drama llama. Bye. I love this forum. It teaches me new things each week, and even if YOU can't see evidence, many, many of us use info learned from here to spread 2A details, donate, volunteer, etc. I know I'm not alone.
Drama llama.......that's phenomenal.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

evan price wrote: You may deride it as 'secret squirrels' stuff. But yes there are a lot of things that are literally secrets. Allies that really aren't helpful. Opponents that don't really oppose. Politicians that have to say one thing to toe the party line but will work with you sub rosa.
Like the man said, politics and sausage, nobody wants to watch them being made.

An all volunteer organization will bring returns of just how much you put into it.

If you don't think OFCC is worth $60 a year (that's what... a tank of gas in my truck, a week's worth of lunches, or a box of 9mm nowadays!) Then please by all means contribute where you believe you can make a difference. Continue to check in here from time to time, you might be pleasantly surprised. Just don't write off Pro-2A activism altogether. I know we'll need to pull up our belts and get to work once the Biden gun control orders start going out.
A. So one should only support an Ohio 2A org under a D POTUS? When Ohio has a deep crimson statehouse and governor? Not during the tenure of the Champion of 2A? Insightful.

B. As we see the GOP fail and betray its voters' agenda so spectacularly, to outwardly sell the value proposition of "Trust us. We're secret squirrel." seems a strange marketing campaign. Having someone note that the website is stale when every other company on Earth wholesale changes its homepage layout every 6 months seems a valid concern (however in-artfully stated, with the always motivational ultimatum of "Do as I say or I walk"). Would your wife, daughter, son, boss, pastor, mechanic or anyone you know donate under that sales pitch?
B1. That said, I see how someone shouldn't trip all over themselves to say anything but Bye, Felicia to anyone giving that abusive ultimatum. Giving into that just breeds more of it. So neither side is really negotiating in the best interest of the other.

Maybe, since everyone is getting free cash these days, you could launch a fundraising campaign online, hold a raffle, or something that would incentivize donations. If you want to call it the "Secret Squirrel Sweepstakes", I suppose that's up to you. But the angle of, "We don't get paid so get off my back!" isn't what you should lead with when seeking donations. (Why am I so keen to give free fundraising advice?)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

I’ll come out and say... BFA sucks and is divisive.

OFCC got CHL in Ohio so I am forever grateful. From the days of having to have your concealed weapon unconcealed in Your car for the Troopers to today’s easy renewals I love OFCC and their ancient webpage.

Have the Ohio Progressives come after what they’ve accomplished and RELEASE THE BEAST!

As for the libertarian Constitutional Carry I fear my fellow gun owners in public more than criminals more than ever. Since the government shutdown of our world folks I see buying guns these days have me worried about getting shot in WalMart when someone bends over in an aisle. That’s a roundabout way of saying there are some really dumb and scary CHL’ers out there nowadays. With Constitutional Carry I can only imagine...
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

carmen fovozzo wrote:1460 posts in 16 years.
The ‘ol I post more than you argument so my posts matter more, and/or your posts don’t.

There’s post count, and there’s meaningful contribution to the discussions.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

We are all entitled to our opinions. That’s mine and lm sticking to it.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
khufford

Post by khufford »

carmen fovozzo wrote:We are all entitled to our opinions. That’s mine and lm sticking to it.
Most of your posts are dumb one-liners... :roll:
Some random nobody...