I'll say it: Looks like OFCC is finished. :/

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: I'll say it: Looks like OFCC is finished. :/

Post by Mr. Glock »

Glock Rock wrote: As for the libertarian Constitutional Carry I fear my fellow gun owners in public more than criminals more than ever. Since the government shutdown of our world folks I see buying guns these days have me worried about getting shot in WalMart when someone bends over in an aisle. That’s a roundabout way of saying there are some really dumb and scary CHL’ers out there nowadays. With Constitutional Carry I can only imagine...
Nice bit of gatekeeping there. I can almost hear “I support the 2A but”.

I think we are now up 17 states with Constitutional Carry. And we all strapped on a gun for the first time at some point in our lives and had to learn about it.

The “guns for me but not for thee” position is not the way we mainstream concealed carry and protect the 2A.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Maybe. But I'm still allowed to post on social media. And my business is celebrating 38 years. And I don't go around calling people names as you do. Failing is normal for most of us. You make a career of it.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
khufford

Post by khufford »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Maybe. But I'm still allowed to post on social media. And my business is celebrating 38 years. And I don't go around calling people names as you do. Failing is normal for most of us. You make a career of it.
There's that holier than thou attitude we all know and love.

Don't worry about me, buddy, I'm doing fine... 8)

(and last I checked I still have FB and twitter)
Some random nobody...
khufford

Post by khufford »

Mr. Glock wrote:
Glock Rock wrote: As for the libertarian Constitutional Carry I fear my fellow gun owners in public more than criminals more than ever. Since the government shutdown of our world folks I see buying guns these days have me worried about getting shot in WalMart when someone bends over in an aisle. That’s a roundabout way of saying there are some really dumb and scary CHL’ers out there nowadays. With Constitutional Carry I can only imagine...

I think we are now up 17 states with Constitutional Carry. And we all strapped on a gun for the first time at some point in our lives and had to learn about it.

The “guns for me but not for thee” position is not the way we mainstream concealed carry and protect the 2A.
I agree with you on principle, and I think anyone who wants to defend themselves should be able to... But I think he has a point about some gun owners not only being ignorant like his example but folks who don't even make an effort to learn more / take some classes.

I saw my fair share of dumb crap in 8 years of running a shop.
Some random nobody...
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

khufford wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:

I agree with you on principle, and I think anyone who wants to defend themselves should be able to... But I think he has a point about some gun owners not only being ignorant like his example but folks who don't even make an effort to learn more / take some classes.

I saw my fair share of dumb crap in 8 years of running a shop.
Remember, a significant number of the population is below average in intelligence.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
khufford

Post by khufford »

schmieg wrote: Remember, a significant number of the population is below average in intelligence.
I'd wager about half.
Some random nobody...
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

khufford wrote:
schmieg wrote: Remember, a significant number of the population is below average in intelligence.
I'd wager about half.
Hard to gauge as the numbers are based on the IQ numbers, not the population numbers. Half of the population would be below the median intelligence level which might be higher or lower than the average.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Since we've now wandered far afield from the original subject and members are impugning other members, it's time to move on. Post locked.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!