NRA files Chapter 11

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

NRA files Chapter 11

Post by JimE »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonst ... e-n2583230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And so it begins.
Anything to keep Wayne in power.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NRA files Chapter 11

Post by kcclark »

Many of us have been saying for years that Wayne was going to bankrupt the NRA. Took him much longer than I thought it would.

If they are going to move, I'd suggest a more conservative state like Wyoming or North Dakota. Texas could go Blue at any time. :(
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

kcclark wrote:Many of us have been saying for years that Wayne was going to bankrupt the NRA. Took him much longer than I thought it would.

If they are going to move, I'd suggest a more conservative state like Wyoming or North Dakota. Texas could go Blue at any time. :(

I was thinking the same thing reading the press release.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

NRA Assets from Bankruptcy filing..
The National Rifle Association owns expensive statues, a luxury SUV, and has a private jet service on standby, according to public court filings released Monday.

Among the NRA's assets are statues and paintings of its former president Charlton Heston worth nearly six figures, a Range Rover for the group's treasurer, and a prepayment to a private jet company. The group also listed liabilities including millions in disputed tax payments to the IRS, millions owed to fundraising companies, and hundreds of thousands owed to lawyers. Overall, the group has roughly $245 million in assets while owing about $112 million in liabilities.

The detailed financials of the NRA were revealed as part of a summary of assets filed with the federal court overseeing its bankruptcy.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson