AR-15.com taken down

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

khufford

Re: AR-15.com taken down

Post by khufford »

schmieg wrote:
kcclark wrote:Looks like Parler has found a new home.
Some existing users were already live on Monday morning and the rest should have access by midday after the new servers propagated across the internet. New users should be able to sign up for the service within a week or so, Meckler said.
https://tatumreport.com/breaking-parler ... -app-back/
But, will that help them grow if the Google Play Store and Apple Store won't allow downloading the app? Still a big problem in my opinion.
Can get around that pretty easily on Android and there is a whole underground community dedicated to "jailbreaking" and "sideloading" apps on to iPhones.
Some random nobody...
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

khufford wrote:
schmieg wrote: But, will that help them grow if the Google Play Store and Apple Store won't allow downloading the app? Still a big problem in my opinion.
Can get around that pretty easily on Android and there is a whole underground community dedicated to "jailbreaking" and "sideloading" apps on to iPhones.
"What can be done" versus "What will be done." I paid for a two year membership on Gab a couple days after Parler died but still have not spent the time to put Gab's app on my phone.

Not being in the app store keeps an app from wide use. Apple and Google controlling the phones gives them a lot of power and that is a big problem.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

kcclark wrote:Looks like Parler has found a new home.
Some existing users were already live on Monday morning and the rest should have access by midday after the new servers propagated across the internet. New users should be able to sign up for the service within a week or so, Meckler said.
https://tatumreport.com/breaking-parler ... -app-back/
I was able to log in this morning.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's worth having an account just to stick a finger in the Marxists' eyes.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.