TERPO former NYPD sergeant files $10B civil rights lawsuit

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

TERPO former NYPD sergeant files $10B civil rights lawsuit

Post by Bruenor »

Hope he wins this case, would be a blow against the red flag laws.
A former New York police department sergeant has filed a $10 billion federal civil rights lawsuit against a list of law enforcement and court officials in New Jersey..
John Marchisotto says his civil rights were violated when officers came into his home to take away his guns. The invasion and everything that happened after that are retaliation for Mr. Marchisotto filing another federal lawsuit against many of the people named in this case.

The complaint filed in the US District Court in New Jersey says in part, "Middlesex County Sheriff's Police Officers … New Jersey State Police along with dozens of heavily armed police personnel, entered my home displaying their high-powered military-style long guns drawn, terrorizing my family. They came to my home to execute a false TERPO petition to seize my licensed firearms. However, their basis of the TERPO search warrant was a complete sham to punish me for the Federal Lawsuit I filed against the State of New Jersey, Middlesex County, the judicial and non-judicial defendants. They knew I was a retired NYPD police sergeant and out of retaliation, they came after my guns."

TERPO is an Extreme Risk Protective Order act. It was created in New Jersey in 2018 and allows anyone to seek the protective order against anyone else who "poses a danger of causing bodily inquiry to self or others by possessing or purchasing a firearm."
He said his rights guaranteed under the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth and 14th Amendments were more than ignored. His rights were intentionally violated.
"I've seen what judges in New Jersey will do. I am a victim of their illegal and unethical actions. I want a jury to hear this because I know a whole jury will find the truth and tell the judge. When the judge hears the jury's verdict. He has no choice. He has to go along with what the jury decides," Mr. Marchisotto said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: TERPO former NYPD sergeant files $10B civil rights lawsu

Post by WhyNot »

Good luck, and hoping he wins his $358 billion lawsuit

Actually, with just a mere modicum of evidence, little alone with a vast amount as this case, he has already won.
The list of names, which can grow, cannot afford to lose a overwhelming punitive lawsuit. Their attorneys are advising, now, to settle out of court for an (obvious) lesser amount.

Successful legal technique ,possibly similar to running 2 pair in a poker game; having an ace high for the 5th card, and jacking the pot up higher then the others at the table can afford 8)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good