Columbis PD chief recommends firing of cop for shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Columbis PD chief recommends firing of cop for shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/columbu ... 4JPSYXZX4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know enough about it to express an opinion at this time.
deanimator

Re: Columbis PD chief recommends firing of cop for shooting

Post by deanimator »

I watched the bodycam video last night.

The cop shoots the victim who drops and lies motionless on the floor of the garage.

The cop then begins barking orders at the corpse, demanding that it "put your (expletive) hands out to the side!".

He then goes over and rolls the corpse (or near corpse) onto its back, revealing that there was no weapon present. He makes ZERO effort to render aid.

The cop then proceeds to wander around as though he's high or on drugs, literally repeatedly walking in circles between the garage and the driveway. The way he aimlessly ambles about, he seems impaired.

He then proceeds to apparently vomit repeatedly, after which other cops arrive on the scene.

By his own bodycam video, the cop seems to be more than a few fries short of a happy meal. I saw guys in college in the '70s, high on acid, who seemed more lucid.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

"Don't move, bro!" Or what, you'll shoot him? That ship sailed already. No rendering of aid. The cop should be fired and prosecuted and any LEO that stands up for him removed from service.

That said, the man did have his phone up and his right hand hidden but that doesn't mean to light him up immediately. Also, to not have the bodycam on when required should be cause for immediate dismissal.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I've done the shoot or not training, and even i wouldn't have shot the guy.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

It should be interesting to see if the Prosecutor thinks he can get away with no prosecution or a slap on the wrist.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Bad shootings based on low light and bad reaction go all the way back to Wild Bill Hickock shooting his own deputy about 1871.

This was a bad shooting all the way. I get the officer's life is in danger but city streets are not a free fire zone. Police officers make good money compared to most other jobs out there. This should have been a routine interaction. Evan Price got it right...these officers should have shoot or not training. This is a textbook example of not.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

so everyone that has posted bad shoot, can you come to my job and tell me if i am doing my job right also?
Accurate Concepts Training, LLC
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Punishers Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club
docachna

Post by docachna »

deanimator wrote:It should be interesting to see if the Prosecutor thinks he can get away with no prosecution or a slap on the wrist.
Oh, he is going down. With a brand-new Damnocrat county prosecutor, and the current political climate in Cbus, they would be sticking it to him even if this was a clean shoot, which this right now doesn’t appear to be.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

xxxamishxxx wrote:so everyone that has posted bad shoot, can you come to my job and tell me if i am doing my job right also?
Have you, as part of your employment, killed an innocent, unarmed person?

If so, you're doing your job WRONG.

Likewise, if you're a fireman and everywhere you go, you start fires, or if you're an oncologist and you GIVE people cancer, you're probably doing your job "wrong"...
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

docachna wrote:
deanimator wrote:It should be interesting to see if the Prosecutor thinks he can get away with no prosecution or a slap on the wrist.
Oh, he is going down. With a brand-new Damnocrat county prosecutor, and the current political climate in Cbus, they would be sticking it to him even if this was a clean shoot, which this right now doesn’t appear to be.
I thought the Chicago cop who stomped the barmaid was going to do at least SOME jail time. I also thought the North Miami cop who shot the unarmed man lying on his back with this arms in the air would do some jail time. I was wrong.

I wouldn't bet my life that this guy will see the inside of cell again.
stringygerm

Post by stringygerm »

No matter how many times I watch it it still buffers just at the critical moment when he comes around the right rear corner of the car. At that point it looks like his right hand is behind his back (maybe drawing from 6:00?), or is it visible? Not sure it makes much of a difference but I would like to know.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Having an unprofessional class of regular citizens uphold the laws for a few months at a time, then handing the reigns off to another unprofessional class of regular citizens to carry the burden of upholding the law is precisely what is embodied in the 2nd Amendment:

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,”
Unfortunately, today We the People do not maintain their rightful ascendancy over the continuity of government, because they no longer participate in “the Militia of the several States” as the Constitution requires. Why is this? Already in 1833, Justice Joseph Story predicted the basic problem: namely, that “though * * * the importance of a well-regulated militia would seem so undeniable, it cannot be disguised that, among the American people, there is a growing indifference to any system of militia discipline, and a strong disposition, from a sense of its burdens, to be rid of all regulations. * * * There is certainly no small danger that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights.” Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States (Boston, Massachusetts: Little, Brown, and Company, Fifth Edition, 1891), Volume II, § 1897, at 646 (footnote omitted).

From Story’s time, decades’ upon decades’ worth of historical ignorance, political incompetence, and general stupidity concerning (as well as outright subversion of) the Constitution on the part of public officials at all levels of the federal system—and, worse yet, We the People’s unconscionable reluctance to fulfill their own constitutional duties—have resulted in most Americans’ being consigned, as matters of statute, to the so-called “unorganized militia”. At the National level see 10 U.S.C. § 246; and as an example of State laws, see Code of Virginia § 44-1. Amazingly, Americans in general are totally unaware of this situation, and therefore oblivious to its malign significance—and, if they knew, all too many would not care to take the steps necessary to rectify it.
Whether we're discussing the current medical tyranny, the corruption of various multinational corporations, the ballot fraud, or any of our many national ills, the militia structure is capable of restoring freedom and justice to our land.

We can see what has happened when the militia of the common man has been replaced by all-powerful, "expert" elitists and their underpaid - overworked Heroic enforcers.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798