Cle Councilman promotes gun training for women to combat dv

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Cle Councilman promotes gun training for women to combat dv

Post by Bruenor »

https://www.cleveland.com/cityhall/2020 ... lence.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cleveland Councilman Basheer Jones promotes firearms training for 1,000 women to combat domestic violence

CLEVELAND, Ohio – In a city where violent crime has been climbing during the coronavirus pandemic, Cleveland Councilman Basheer Jones is hoping to put more guns on the street.

He wants to train up to 1,000 women to handle firearms so they can protect themselves.

And when asked if introducing more guns into the community is the right course of action, Jones didn’t shy away from the question.

In urban neighborhoods there’s a stigma attached to handgun training, Jones said. Proper training with firearms and a proper understanding of how they can be handled safely could reduce crime. And it could also provide women with a means of protection against domestic violence, he said.
Jones, in an interview, said he expects to reach the goal of signing up 1,000 women for lessons. Sponsors have been found to pay the cost of instruction for 100 women. More than 700 others of all races and backgrounds have signed up for classes, offered by the instructors at a reduced rate.

And while recognizing that guns and crime are a problem, Jones argues that the gun training is needed to help women protect themselves.

“I would say it’s better to do something than to do nothing,” he said. “This is an effort to help all women.”
If you are quick on the CTRL+A (select All) then CTRL+C (Copy) you can copy/paste the story into notepad to read before the Paywall appears..
Plain Dealer first kills comments then erects as paywall they really do want to go out of business completely.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cle Councilman promotes gun training for women to combat

Post by catfish86 »

God created all people...Samuel Colt made them equal....
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.