Kenosha

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: Kenosha

Post by M-Quigley »

Tucker Carlson is facing flak and calls for him to be fired from Fox for allegedly advocating vigilantism. I listened to what the said and IMHO he wasn't advocating it at all, merely pointing out that the police and government officials aren't doing their jobs, and the result of this lack of action is these type of events.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tucker-car ... -backlash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've heard the defendant is allegedly 17. Is he old enough to possess a rifle in that state?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

M-Quigley wrote:Tucker Carlson is facing flak and calls for him to be fired from Fox for allegedly advocating vigilantism.
Carlson faces "flak and calls for him to be fired" merely for not being a Marxist.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

147Doc wrote:See why I put "medic" in quotes? :lol:
Marxists can't comprehend economics and government. What makes you think they have a better understanding of medicine?
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

If nothing else, perhaps the idiots in this world will learn an important moral lesson: lf you attempt to wrestle the barrel end of a rifle away from someone... You dramatically increase the chances that you are going to get shot. I personally see the need to make a few Darwin awards here... A couple posthumously.
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sasquatch.45 wrote:If nothing else, perhaps the idiots in this world will learn an important moral lesson: lf you attempt to wrestle the barrel end of a rifle away from someone... You dramatically increase the chances that you are going to get shot. I personally see the need to make a few Darwin awards here... A couple posthumously.
Technically speaking, you must either die, or lose your ability to reproduce, in order to qualify for a Darwin Award. 'I swear, it's state law', as Donnie Baker might say. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

The fundraiser being advertised by his attorneys is http://fightback.law.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Support or at least a "way to restrain yourself kid" from his congressman
https://www.wbko.com/2020/09/04/kentuck ... -magazine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie issued a strong message of support Thursday for Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of killing two men and wounding a third last month during protests in Kenosha, Wis.

Massie is a Republican who represents Kentucky’s 4th congressional district, which includes all of Northern Kentucky. He spoke Thursday morning on a Huntington, W.Va. radio show hosted by Tom Roten.

During the interview, Massie praised Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old from Illinois, for exhibiting “incredible restraint” in not emptying the magazine of his semi-automatic rifle into a crowd of protesters during the Kenosha protests Aug. 27.

“He also exhibited incredible restraint and presence and situational awareness,” Massie said. “He didn’t empty a magazine into a crowd. There were people around him who could have caused him harm, but as soon as they showed any sign of retreat or nonaggression, he did not shoot them. He exhibited more restraint than a lot of the police videos I’ve seen.”
“He was fulfilling his obligation to retreat, and then he fell down, and these, one tried to attack him with a skateboard, another pulled a handgun on him, another tried to jump on him with his foot, and he responded in self-defense,” Massie said.

“I would not convict him of a single one of these charges.”

Roten followed: “I hate it for this young man, because it seemed like he was there to help and render aid and provide protection and was cleaning up graffiti and so forth, was giving police bottled water, and seemed like a good young man, and his life is going to be turned upside down.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

story on one of Kyles 'victims' through the optics of CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/kenos ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sole survivor of Kenosha protests shootings speaks out for first time
the night he encountered Rittenhouse changed his life, Grosskreutz said.
"I was shot point blank with a .223 round from the shooter," Grosskreutz said. "And I am now missing 90% of my bicep. This has not been easy emotionally, physically. I'm in constant pain, like excruciating pain that just doesn't go away -- both in my arm, in my heart."
According to the complaint, Rittenhouse shot the first victim, Joseph Rosenbaum, multiple times after the victim threw a plastic bag at him and tried to grab Rittenhouse's gun. Rittenhouse then ran away and was chased as people appeared to try to stop him, video shows. He then fired off more rounds, killing Huber and badly injuring Grosskreutz, the complaint says
Grosskreutz said he saw a need for medical assistance that night and put on a paramedic hat and stepped back from protesting to treat those who were injured -- on either side of the protest.
"He was down there to try to provide assistance to everybody indiscriminately," said Grosskreutz' lawyer, Kimberley Motley.
Grosskreutz then is seen approaching Rittenhouse and is shot in the arm at close range.
Grosskreutz can be seen running away. He has a large wound and his arm is not moving. You can also see a gun in the hand of his injured arm. He can be heard screaming for a medic.
"I never fired my gun," Grosskreutz said. "I was there to help people. Not hurt people."
Grosskreutz said he has had run-ins with police in his past and paid his debt. But he says he had every right to carry his firearm.
"I'm not a felon," he said. "I have my concealed carry, I've had it for years. That was my gun. My firearm. I had a legal right to possess it and to possess it concealed."
Motley, Grosskreutz' attorney, said Rittenhouse did not have a right to have his weapon. He is charged with possessing a dangerous weapon under the age of 18.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

"I was there to help people... commit arson, assault and murder... and I really sucked at it."
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

All hail the hero.... Of course for the article, they use the one photo with his hands up for the second he was backing away.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 466920001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm a young adult trying to live their life," he said. "And I exercise my First Amendment right to protest and peacefully assemble and freedom of speech. And yes, while I do have my concealed carry (permit), I personally believe that it's maybe not necessary all the time."

But there's also a positive side to the notoriety: Grosskreutz has a wider platform to inspire others to work for change.

He has no plans to quit marching.

"There's a lot of work to be done in this country," he said. "And I think at the forefront of that, it's ... equity and accountability and, you know, the way for humans to live their lives in peace."

An online fund has been established to help Grosskreutz cover his medical bills. To contribute, visit:
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Interesting how the USA Today article didn't put the quote that this medic's only regret was that he didn't successfully kill Kyle Rittenhouse.

BTW, the one useful thing of this article is that when you are intervening you risk intervening on the wrong side.

The spin on this article is absolutely dizzying. In the internet age we have access to information to counter this.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

we're not charging him for this offense because we have no evidence.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/kyle- ... rosecutors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LAKE COUNTY, Ill. - The Lake County state’s attorney’s office says it will not file additional charges against Kyle Rittenhouse in connection to the gun he allegedly used to fatally shoot two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Antioch police determined that his rifle was purchased, stored and used in Wisconsin — not in violation of Illinois law, the state’s attorney’s office said Tuesday in a statement.

Also, there is no evidence the gun was ever possessed by Rittenhouse, 17, in Illinois, prosecutors said.
Glad they finally caught up to this guy,
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... a-charged/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The man who fired the first shots from behind Kyle Rittenhouse during the fatal incident in Kenosha has been charged.

Joshua Ziminski, 35, has been charged with disorderly conduct and use of a dangerous weapon for firing his weapon during the incident on August 25.
The police go on to report that when speaking to Ziminski, and his wife who was present at the time, both admitted that he had fired off a “warning shot” into the air.

This strengthens the case that Rittenhouse had reason to fear for his life and was acting in self defense when he shot and killed two rioters.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Finger crossed for the kid. He seemed to have only the best intentions, which as we know paves the road...
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Off he goes to Wisconsin and $2 Mill Bail. Bail seems pretty steep, do they think this kid is some sort of major flight risk ?
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lake County authorities on Friday afternoon handed off Kyle Rittenhouse to police in Wisconsin, where he faces charges stemming from the fatal shooting of two men and the wounding of a third during August protests in Kenosha, officials said.

Shortly after a judge ruled the Antioch 17-year-old should be extradited, Lake County sheriff’s deputies drove him to the border and passed him to deputies from the Kenosha County sheriff’s department, said Sgt. Christopher Covelli, of the Lake County sheriff’s office.
Pierce, one of the teen’s lawyers, announced at the start of the hearing that he would not be addressing the arguments he’d made in a previous filing that alleged extraditing Rittenhouse would violate his constitutional rights.

One of those arguments turned on the contention that sending the teen to Wisconsin would violate his 14th Amendment due process rights because he would face a “legion of hazards” if put in adult jail. The filing also argued that extradition would violate his Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable search or seizure, contending that the video shows “without a shadow of a doubt” he shot in self-defense.

During the hearing, however, Pierce focused entirely on a technical argument that the paperwork from Wisconsin didn’t meet the standard to return the teen. He said the documentation was insufficient because one Kenosha County prosecutor swore to the facts in the criminal complaint before another Kenosha prosecutor — rather than doing that before a magistrate.

“That is game, set, match, your honor,” Pierce said
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

What if I told you that there was a reason to this series of riots? Perhaps we're not being told the truth? Take 4 minutes and listen to a former Housing and Urban Development official comprehend what's going on, and what Mr. Rittenhouse has gotten himself caught up in.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798