mans gun confiscated After anonymous Antifa Racist accusatio

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

mans gun confiscated After anonymous Antifa Racist accusatio

Post by Bruenor »

Another example of where the redflag BS.
https://national-justice.com/police-con ... him-racist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police Confiscate Man's Firearm After Anonymous "Antifa" Members Accuse Him Of Being a "Racist"

On July 7th/8th, left-wing extremist twitter user @anonymouscommie doxed a Sacramento resident named Andrew Casarez. The anonymous account accused him of being a "neo-Nazi troll."

On the very same day, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office opened up an investigation into him. During a background check, they found that Casarez was a registered gun owner. On July 13th, 2020, Sergeant Nate Grgich executed a search warrant for his home and car.

Nothing illegal or of a criminal nature was found during the search, but Sgt. Grgich was able to get a judge's permission to seize Casarez's handgun, a pair of pants and a "racist" t-shirt using a new law enforcement tool called a "gun restraining order," which was signed by Judge Jaime R. Roman.

The Sacramento County Sheriff's Office is bragging about being the first in the country to seize a firearm using primarily the owner's political ideology as the excuse.
Sgt. Grgich's sworn affidavit explains that the mere act of having your personal information posted by "antifa," COVID-19, and Casarez's alleged views on race during an imaginary rash of ongoing "hate crimes" are all reasons for why his Constitutional rights must be preemptively suspended.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/07 ... w-casarez/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Local agencies are keeping a close eye on the house connected to Andrew Casarez. As for the FBI, they don’t police ideology. They will only take action if a person threatens violence or actually commits a crime. But the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office wasn’t willing to wait.
“Instead of waiting for him to go out and commit acts of violence, per se, they were able to ideally stop it before it started. But he did have a firearm in his possession,” Nelson said.
https://twitter.com/anonymouscommie/sta ... 1292397568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://accollective.noblogs.org/post/2 ... rangevale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guy does sound like a tool, but what has he actually DONE besides post some BS on the internet ? OMG he has a DUI on his record from 7 years ago !! Where was the due process ? Has he actually been charged with anything ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: mans gun confiscated After anonymous Antifa Racist accus

Post by Cosmos »

I guess I should not be surprised by anything today. My thoughts on the matter:

1) The First Amendment is for all speech. Especially, speech you may not agree with.

2) Having a judge issue a search warrant for alleged racism alone is shocking.

3) I guess we appear to be moving closer to the movie "Minority Report" each day. How long before thought crimes result in someone being arrested?

4) The local station did a good job of doxing him. Especially without any charges or alleged crime.

5) None of us are safe if this continues.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Cosmos wrote:I guess I should not be surprised by anything today. My thoughts on the matter:

1) The First Amendment is for all speech. Especially, speech you may not agree with.

2) Having a judge issue a search warrant for alleged racism alone is shocking.

3) I guess we appear to be moving closer to the movie "Minority Report" each day. How long before thought crimes result in someone being arrested?

4) The local station did a good job of doxing him. Especially without any charges or alleged crime.

5) None of us are safe if this continues.
The oppressors making these calls, the judges signing the warrants, the police "just following orders," and the complicit MSM are not safe if this continues.

Mark my words, I and others are on the razors edge of moving past the empty rhetoric of "but the legal way....." The legal way proves more times than not to be against us in many ways - this case for example. Keep pushing a man into a corner and see what happens.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

The snagging of the "racist" t-shirt is what caught my eye. Apparently my clothing can get me in big trouble now. When will they be coming for my NRA shirts?

I help run a "For Sale" group on Facebook. Had someone report a post for "hate" today. The "hate" was somebody selling Trump 2020 shirts. :roll:
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Cosmos wrote: 4) The local station did a good job of doxing him. Especially without any charges or alleged crime.
But he had a gun!! He must be punished!!

Watching the interview, you would think finding the gun was a total surprise. No one mentions the gun was registered.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

kcclark wrote:The snagging of the "racist" t-shirt is what caught my eye. Apparently my clothing can get me in big trouble now. When will they be coming for my NRA shirts?

I help run a "For Sale" group on Facebook. Had someone report a post for "hate" today. The "hate" was somebody selling Trump 2020 shirts. :roll:
Should have banned the hateful person that filed the report.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

From das article...
Nothing illegal or of a criminal nature was found during the search, but...
And once againe, after but came stink.
Obviously a TP shortage doesn't stop stink, and , the ''U know'' 8) aftermath.

WELL FORTUNATELY...a small yet greatly under dimmed :idea: lightbulb...

A whole lot of ''welp, that cant happen here'' , ''that's LA'' ''that's Chicago (bang~bang!)'' statements are being hurled & heard MUCH less.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Cosmos wrote:1) The First Amendment is for all speech. Especially, speech you may not agree with.
I would counter - in a way - that the 1st amendment is *particularly* for speech one might disagree with. We don‘t need to protect popular opinions; rather, we need to steadfastly and vehemently protect *unpopular* opinions.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

The operable word here is ‘police’. You know the ones the judges and politicians and antifa hate?!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

But, I was told...
This could not happen in #Merica.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798