Optics: THIS St Louis couple from the gated community

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Optics: THIS St Louis couple from the gated community

Post by JustaShooter »

Mr. Glock wrote:I’m going a bit more broadly. We don’t all vote for the government we get, and the legal system is far from justice for all.

But, that said, so if they are BLM-supporting Uber-Democrats, their rights under the Second Amendment don’t exist? They should, without cause (private street, death threats), have their guns seized by search warrant? What better lesson that the 2A is for everyone. Messy, yes, but a true display.
Of course their 2A rights exist. And, from what I've been able to gather, haven't been affected unreasonably. A crime may have been committed (felony assault, aggravated menacing, or whatever the equivalents are in MO), and an investigation has been started. As is typical in an investigation into a crime, evidence of the crime is seized to preserve it, thus the warrant and seizure. You and I may disagree with the DA on whether or not a crime has been committed (or even if it *should* be a crime), and whether or not an investigation is warranted, but it appears to me that proper and reasonable legal procedures are being followed. My lack of sympathy for the couple is in that realm - they presumably voted for the very people who are investigating them and have seized their firearms. Cry me a river. Votes, and elections, have consequences.

In the mean time, there is no indication that any of the couple's firearms other than the two used in the incident have been seized, if they had any, and as they haven't yet been charged they can also presumably acquire others. (As I've said elsewhere, this is a perfect example of why you should have more than one home defense gun, and more than one carry gun. If you use them, they *will* be seized as evidence.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

kcclark wrote:Apparently the wife's pistol does not work.
Joel Schwartz, the couple’s lawyer, said a search warrant was served Friday evening and that the gun Mark McCloskey was holding in the video was seized. Schwartz told The Associated Press that arrangements have been made to turn over to authorities on Saturday the gun that Patricia McCloskey had been holding, adding that her gun was inoperable at the time of the protest and still is.
https://whnt.com/news/police-execute-se ... ng-couple/
That's awesome!
No wonder she waves it around like a laser pointer.

Hey, they could have spray painted a few nerf guns and stood out there with those, for all the good it would do...

They don't remind me of W Earp.

Seriously, somebody will defend this game of chicken with an inert hunk of metal?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
kcclark wrote:Apparently the wife's pistol does not work.
Joel Schwartz, the couple’s lawyer, said a search warrant was served Friday evening and that the gun Mark McCloskey was holding in the video was seized. Schwartz told The Associated Press that arrangements have been made to turn over to authorities on Saturday the gun that Patricia McCloskey had been holding, adding that her gun was inoperable at the time of the protest and still is.
That's awesome!

Hey, they could have spray painted a few nerf guns and stood out there with those, for all the good it would do...

Seriously, somebody will defend this game of chicken with an inert hunk of metal?
This isn't a defense because I never advocate that someone intentionally do this, but when I think of someone using an inoperable gun I think back to Ronald Reagan, who saved the life of a young black woman with an unloaded .45 In both cases it happened to work because in neither case did the other people want to bet their life on being wrong.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
bignflnut wrote:Joel Schwartz, the couple’s lawyer, said a search warrant was served Friday evening and that the gun Mark McCloskey was holding in the video was seized. Schwartz told The Associated Press that arrangements have been made to turn over to authorities on Saturday the gun that Patricia McCloskey had been holding, adding that her gun was inoperable at the time of the protest and still is.
That's awesome!

Seriously, somebody will defend this game of chicken with an inert hunk of metal?[/quote]

This isn't a defense because I never advocate that someone intentionally do this, but when I think of someone using an inoperable gun I think back to Ronald Reagan, who saved the life of a young black woman with an unloaded .45 In both cases it happened to work because in neither case did the other people want to bet their life on being wrong.[/quote]
And don't forget John Wayne capturing two Russian agents with a non-working prop gun.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Well, the Missouri AG could be right: The prosecutor could be a political hack. And it may have nothing to do with a crime they committed.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

McCloskey Who Defended His Home With Gun Believes That He And His Wife Will Be “Indicted Shortly”
https://breakingwide.com/mccloskey-who- ... d-shortly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tucker carlson: you still can escape the contrast of what happened the night the mob came to your home and you call the police and they didn’t, and then they come at the command of the prosecuting attorney later to take the firearm you used to defend yourself. Is that what police are for, do you think?

Mark McCloskey: Well, you know, my attorney advised me not to be on the show tonight because the rumor is that we are going to be indicted shortly. Having said that, this is the same circuit attorney that released 35 of the protesters that torched and looted in downtown St. Louis but now she wants to indict me. I didn’t shoot anybody. I just held my ground, protecting my house, and I’m sitting here on television tonight instead of dead or putting out the smoldering embers of my home.
Tucker carlson: : shouldn’t someone in authority in the state of Missouri be coming to your aid right about now?

Mark McCloskey: You know, the way I view it is, when you have certain elements of society encouraging violence, at the same time asking the police to stand down, what’s the only possible result? The only possible solution is for individual citizens to stand up and defend themselves. I’m afraid that what’s being promoted is causing citizens to stand up and defend themselves so they can be [inaudible] and abused the way we have been.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Hodge Twins.. I'm gonna have to check out some of their other videos.
Discussing the St. Louis couple and current events in our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5qEwY5Zwg
"If you look at all the great countries, they weren't defeated. they fell from within"
Entertaining and informative. Helps that I agree with them of course.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

https://breakingwide.com/missouri-gover ... with-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Missouri Governor Says he’s Prepared To Pardon The McCloskeys If They’re Charged For Protecting Their Home With Guns
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

A one-off of the infamous decades old ''WWJD?" ...

WWMD ?

What Would Mike Do ?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
High Power

Post by High Power »

WhyNot wrote:A one-off of the infamous decades old ''WWJD?" ...

WWMD ?

What Would Mike Do ?
Nothing.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

As if no one saw this coming, prosecutor in St. Louis has charged them. They have been charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon. This coming from the George Soros financed woman who let 35 looters free without charges.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-ag- ... s-at-crowd

It gets better... the Missouri AG filed a brief to support a motion to dismiss based on the 2A and Missouri Castle Doctrine.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

catfish86 wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-ag- ... s-at-crowd

It gets better... the Missouri AG filed a brief to support a motion to dismiss based on the 2A and Missouri Castle Doctrine.
"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement.
Nice.. but violating private property rights, and rioting is A-OK with her.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:
catfish86 wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-ag- ... s-at-crowd

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement.
Nice.. but violating private property rights, and rioting is A-OK with her.
The couple claim they and their dog were at some point verbally threatened with violent acts against themselves as well, and the rioters were certainly physically capable of performing alleged threats. Of course since there is no audio that I'm aware of, it will be a "they claim the other people deny it" case.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders.[1][2] The term was originally used during the Cold War to describe non-communists regarded as susceptible to communist propaganda and manipulation.[1] The term has often been attributed to Vladimir Lenin,[3] but this attribution is unsubstantiated.[4][5]
Let's officially welcome The McCloskeys (former? BLM supporters) to the Othering!
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798