Reaction to Floyd protests

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: Reaction to Floyd protests

Post by Bruenor »

NY is arresting people with firearms. and OH NO they had a book !! They didn't attack anyone, push any old men to the ground, or cause any type of disturbance in the crowd. NY SAFE Act, at work.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article ... 343711.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An Averill Park man who was spotted by city police with seven other men in military-style body armor and bullet proof vests making their way through the city's June 7 Troy Rally for Black Lives was arraigned Tuesday in City Court on 19 weapons counts that accuse him of having two assault-style AR-15 rifles with live ammunition and thousands of rounds of ammunition in his truck, authorities said.

District Attorney Mary Pat Donnelly's office said a “a tactical manual tying the group to the New England Minutemen militia group” was found when police searched one of the vehicles after confronting the armed men.
The group of eight men stood out in the crowd at Riverfront Park in their military-style clothing and the batons some wore on their belts, Deputy Police Chief Dan DeWolf said.

Police never let them out of sight as they walked through the crowded park and downtown streets as the rally took place. Police said they did not know why the group went into the crowd during the peaceful demonstration but tracked them throughout.

"Between live surveillance and video surveillance we were able to watch them and track them," DeWolf said.

Undercover officers, local cameras and drones were deployed to follow the group as it made its way from the rally back to their vehicles at the City Station buildings on Sixth Avenue between Ferry and Congress streets.
Search warrants were executed for evidence technicians and detectives to inspect the contents of three vehicles in which the group drove to Troy. That's when police discovered the tactical manual from the New England Minutemen.

"It was eye opening to read," DeWolf said.
Shepard was charged with two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon for the loaded rifles, 16 counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon for having extended magazines containing up to 30 rounds and one count of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon for having a baton. The rifles and ammunition were in his 2007 Dodge Ram.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

DeWhine just equated bad cops to bad protesters saying that by and large, each group is acting properly, but that a small percentage was not.

In DeWhine's mind, at least, if you object to a few bad protesters, and a few bad cops, you must recognize them as outliers in their respective groups, but please don't judge the group by the few loud/rowdy malcontents.

SQUISH
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Mustang, it's starting to look like the Shake Shack poisoning by bleach of the NYPD officers was unintentional. Given current Covid rules, I could see such an accident happening.
Ted thought the same thing. You both are probably right-- I can see a worker not properly rinsing things off.

If I was a LEO, I'd still pack my lunch and a Thermos of coffee, though. :D
I'm just wondering if anyone besides officers suffered such problems.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Early on in the COVID mess, in order to continue preparing taxes I was constantly disenfecting my desk with lysol. I was getting ready to start the day and got my coffee and sprayed my desk down with lysol. I then drank my coffee and spit it all over the desk since I sprayed my coffee.... :oops:
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Don't use imported booze to make your Molotov cocktail, or you may be charged under Federal statutes.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/2 ... ses-329735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two cases, for instance, involve individuals facing federal felony charges for breaking police car windows, relying on federal statutes not often applied in such instances. In another case, federal authorities charged a man with possession of a Molotov cocktail, arguing that because he had used an imported bottle of Patron Citronge Pineapple Tequila to make the incendiary device, the case fell under the federal government’s regulation of foreign commerce.
Minneapolis police officer

Critics say the use of federal courts, prosecutors and the FBI to target crimes stemming from the recent protests is largely unnecessary and is at odds with the Constitution’s limited role for the federal government and federal law enforcement.

“I think most of these crimes, even these sorts of local crimes, even local riots, the Constitution leaves to state jurisdiction,” said Ilya Somin, a professor at George Mason University’s Scalia Law School. “State and local authorities are in a better position to handle this, and they appear to be handling it. The violence and looting has in fact been stopped almost everywhere almost entirely through the applications of state and local authorities.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson