Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Re: Corona virus

Post by docachna »

M-Quigley wrote:
bignflnut wrote:So, if you work for an entity funded by the federal government -- the feds can tell you what to put in your body.

If you work for a private employer and the government "mandates" a jab, you don't have to do that.

Someone explain to me how I should see this differently.

Please show me any consistency from our SCOTUS GOALIE
.....I can only tell you what Kavanaugh allegedly sided with the liberals on with regards to Medicare or Medicaid. From the reporting I read and heard, The one opinion said OSHA did not have the authority to mandate the shots for private employers while Medicare did have the authority to require institutions that take federal money to require it. Why IDK. A split ruling was predicted by most legal experts the first day of deliberations.
The two cases are diametrically opposed, apples & oranges. The OSHA issue was simple - did Congress grant OSHA the authority to implement this mandate ? Answer: NO. The Medicaid issue was also relatively simple - did grant HHS the authority to make vaccinations of staff a prequisite to giving caregivers Federal funds ? Answer: YES. The rationale how they got there is a little bit twisted (although not NEARLY as bad as the Obamacare decision was), but they are differing issues.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Thank you for that explanation docachna

Sounds like the premise of the question was not bodily autonomy but the authority of the bureaucracy at various levels -- completely missing the point, as usual.

When we have the moral high ground in an argument, we insist on fighting on the battleground where the enemy has defined/established the language, narrative and rules -- eschewing our overwhelming, victory assuring, advantage.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

While almost all covid patients survive, I wouldn't recommend intentionally getting covid. It might work out it might not. here are risks to everything you do or don't do however, whether it's do nothing, take shots, or what these two women allegedly did. In addition the risk for whatever someone does can be different for one person or another. Most people don't die after getting the shots but a few do. The government or some employers just considers them collateral damage if they die. :(

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/bride-to- ... l-wedding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Neil Young has told Spotify that if they don't pull Joe Rogan's podcast from their site he's pulling all his music, I guess allegedly to punish them. I was shocked when I read this. Neil Young's still alive? :roll:

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/neil ... KNDRXK3YM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Young wrote an open letter to his manager and record label that criticized comedian Joe Rogan, the host of the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) podcast that is hosted by Spotify, for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Rogan has been vocal during the pandemic about vaccines, vaccine mandates and other COVID-19 restrictions.

“With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode[/b], JRE, which is hosted exclusively on Spotify, is the world’s largest podcast and has tremendous influence,” Young wrote in the now deleted letter. “Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform…They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Rogan reportedly signed a contract with Spotify for $100 million in 2020. The contract guaranteed that the podcast would be exclusive to Spotify.

Young’s complaints are not the first Spotify has heard about Rogan’s podcast. Earlier this month 270 scientists and health care professionals signed an open letter to the company saying Rogan’s podcast is “promoting baseless conspiracy theories” and asking the service to take action against mass-misinformation events on its platform.

“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Joe Rogan has repeatedly spread misleading and false claims on his podcast, provoking distrust in science and medicine,” it said.

Young has a little more than 6 million monthly followers on the service.

In the letter Young wrote, he cited an episode of the podcast that featured a conversation between Rogan and Dr. Robert Malone. Malone is a virus expert who worked on research into several mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.

Malone criticized the COVID-19 vaccines he said he helped to create, claiming that hospitals have been financially motivated to falsely diagnose deaths as having been caused by COVID-19.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

M-Quigley wrote:Neil Young has told Spotify that if they don't pull Joe Rogan's podcast from their site he's pulling all his music, I guess allegedly to punish them. I was shocked when I read this. Neil Young's still alive? :roll:
Southern man don't need him around anyhow.....
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Is that a threat, Neil Young? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Late breaking on Wednesday 2022-01-26:
Spotify said OK, Neil... and pulled his music.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Patient refused heart transplant because he is not vaccinated for COVID. Something else to keep an eye on.. Vaccine status being used as leverage for medical treatment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A 31-year-old father of two has undergone open heart surgery to fit a pump that will only keep him alive another five years after he was refused a transplant because he would not get vaccinated against COVID-19.

DJ Ferguson underwent a procedure to fit a mechanical heart pump, called a left ventricular assist device, which will last for up to five years.

The device was fitted at Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, where Ferguson was admitted in November, suffering from a hereditary heart condition that causes his lungs and heart to fill with blood and fluid.
'He's not an anti-vaxxer. He has all of his vaccines, and he's an informed patient who is concerned because of his current cardiac crisis,' she said.

Her son is concerned about the potential for the COVID vaccine to cause an inflammation of the heart. Doctors say, however, that the risk of getting infected by COVID is far more serious than any temporary risk of heart inflammation.
The hospital said it removed Ferguson from the donor list because all transplant recipients needed to be vaccinated in order to 'create both the best chance for successful operation and also the patient's survival after transplantation.'
Dr. Arthur Caplan, the head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, told CBS Boston that vaccination is a requirement for transplants because, after receiving a new organ, patients' immune systems are essentially switched off.

'The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you,' he said.

Ferguson is not the first patient in need of a transplant who has been denied due to their vaccination status.

In October, Leilani Lutali of Colorado, 56, was taken off the transplant list at a University of Colorado Health hospital because she and her prospective kidney donor Jaimee Fougner, 45, had not received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Ohio man Mike Ganin, who is vaccinated against COVID, was denied a kidney transplant last October because his donor hadn't received her shot.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

While I am EXTREMELY against THE STATE mandating vaxx, I can SOMEWHAT understand the medical field. If they are simply being consistent, do you have your mumps/flu/measles/pneumonia/ vaxx etc.

I would like to see examples of non-vaxxed transplant patients who, as a LINK to the transplant procedure, got covid & died (or had SERIOUS complications).

''Just because'' should NOT be linked to, ''well, the gov't TOLD us to or we will lose our funding.''

I still hold a position that, the shots are NOT vaccines but should be more appropriately labelled good drugs that work to help you through a medical crisis i.e. ''therapeutics''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WhyNot wrote:While I am EXTREMELY against THE STATE mandating vaxx, I can SOMEWHAT understand the medical field. If they are simply being consistent, do you have your mumps/flu/measles/pneumonia/ vaxx etc.

I would like to see examples of non-vaxxed transplant patients who, as a LINK to the transplant procedure, got covid & died (or had SERIOUS complications).

''Just because'' should NOT be linked to, ''well, the gov't TOLD us to or we will lose our funding.''

I still hold a position that, the shots are NOT vaccines but should be more appropriately labelled good drugs that work to help you through a medical crisis i.e. ''therapeutics''
It's one thing to be "consistent", it's another thing to be wrong and stubborn because you believe in a cult. Dems are changing gears in hopes of lightening the electoral avalanche they have earned. The conundrum is that 40% of Americans are willing to take 3-infinite jabs. I sincerely hope this guy ends up #owning the hospital.

https://twitter.com/AaronSiriSG/status/ ... Cq76ApAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --Public Health Scotland showing 2-dose vaccinated now have higher rate of cases, hospitalization and deaths than the unvaccinated.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/i ... trictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --Denmark just said they're moving on from Covid...UK also finding the exit door , restoring some sanity.

The narrative is toast - all cause mortality in 2021 (with jabs) much greater than 2020 (without jabs) Nerd out with the data
https://rumble.com/vt7nqm-the-verdict-o ... -show.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:
Ohio man Mike Ganin, who is vaccinated against COVID, was denied a kidney transplant last October because his donor hadn't received her shot.
This one is confusing to me. If the donor doesn't have covid at the time of the donation, why would it matter if the donor hadn't received her shot or not? So what if she gets covid at some later date afterwards, how is that going to affect anyone but her?
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The donor puzzle is strange because we were told that the jab would stay in your arm, which is ludicrous, but nevertheless the lie that was sold:
There’s no clear plausible reason to think that the vaccine would harm a fetus or a baby who’s breastfeeding in any way,” said Boslett. “This is not a live virus vaccine, and the mRNA is likely going to stay right in the arm where it’s injected and get taken up by the cells there. The mRNA is quickly degraded by the body after it does its job. We do not believe that the mRNA or spike protein will travel to the developing fetus or cause harm.”
So, why should a kidney test positive or not? Why is it an issue? At this point, can't the kidney identify as jabbed?

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Oh no! It's not just (aging musician who hasn't had a hit in decades) Neil Young anymore, now (aging musician who hasn't had a hit in decades) Jodi Mitchell said she is going to pull her music off of Spotify in solidarity with Young.
I've heard the name but couldn't recall what she did, so I googled it and there was only one out of the top ten I recognized, Help me (I think I'm falling) from the seventies. I listened to samples of the other 9 and they were awful, can't believe they were in the top ten of her songs. The Help me song is at least bearable, and probably helpful if you need to be put to sleep. :roll: I guess when you're Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell and don't have a good new song you need to do something to get publicity. :roll:
513resident

Post by 513resident »

M-Quigley wrote:Oh no! It's not just (aging musician who hasn't had a hit in decades) Neil Young anymore, now (aging musician who hasn't had a hit in decades) Jodi Mitchell said she is going to pull her music off of Spotify in solidarity with Young.
I've heard the name but couldn't recall what she did, so I googled it and there was only one out of the top ten I recognized, Help me (I think I'm falling) from the seventies. I listened to samples of the other 9 and they were awful, can't believe they were in the top ten of her songs. The Help me song is at least bearable, and probably helpful if you need to be put to sleep. :roll: I guess when you're Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell and don't have a good new song you need to do something to get publicity. :roll:
Neil Young and Joni Mitchell? Two, irrelevant has-beens. And both of them have ugly faces :lol:
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I guess the song "Rockin the free world" doesn't include the 1st Amendment for for Neil Young. :roll:

Oh no, now it's Pat Sajak pulling out of Spotify! :lol:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... s-sinatra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then there's this: :lol:

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1485675366605893640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;