Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Re: Corona virus

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:
High Power wrote:
WhyNot wrote:I think that ^^ would've made national news. At least today's morning news at 6/am, 6:05/am. 606/am and of course 610 :P headlines.

I cannot find ANYTHING using a search of ''rand paul shutdown'' and ''rand paul november'' on conservative treehouse, redstate, foxnews, others. Nothing even on Clinton CNN. Someone WOULD have reported it.

Will it show at 9/am?? Wait & see. :)
The MSM will want to keep this quiet.
I disagree. The MSM would love to publish this, and afterwards accuse Sen. Paul of recommending something that (in their opinion) is going to potentially kill thousands people, particularly women and children. The fact is that if this even partly occurred and someone died from a slowdown of EMS services, the shutdown and Sen. Paul would be immediately blamed, whether a partial shutdown would've had anything to do with a slow response or not. Facts don't matter to most in the MSM, only emotion and sometimes political leanings. In fact, I'm surprised there isn't a few in the media that wouldn't run with it anyway, since they hate Sen. Paul so much. They can always headline it now and then offer a mild retraction later.
The fact that any conservative is warm and breathing enrages the leftists in the MSM.

When I first read this the article said that Senator Paul announced the shutdown on "Telegram." I have never heard of "Telegram" before. So I'm wondering if it is an alternative to something like Instagram. Maybe someone can educate us. In the meantime, I found this on Senator Paul's "Telegram" account.

https://t.me/SenatorRandPaulOfficial/1039
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

The fact is that if this even partly occurred and someone died from a slowdown of EMS services, the shutdown and Sen. Paul would be immediately blamed, whether a partial shutdown would've had anything to do with a slow response or not. Facts don't matter...
Yes yes absolutely. Blame Paul. Now, if this same chain of events happened due to a leftist rant, riot, destruction of a 300 yr statue, it would be heralded as Ok, peaceful protest, summer of luv :P , other etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Numbers in Ohio have been going down. Of course Biden and others of his mindset will probably eventually claim it's due to his mandatory vaccination EO, even though they've been going down before that.
Daily COVID-19 case count continues trend below 21-day average
https://www.whio.com/news/coronavirus/w ... 7PITZHZUE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I believe numbers of vaccinated people getting COVID are going up so it can't be credited to Sleepy Joe.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
drc

Post by drc »

My wife is continuing to treat Covid-19 patients, along with doing her regular job of working with lung nodule patients. The majority of the folks in the hospital are unvaccinated. The ones that do get hospitalized are (as a general rule, what she is dealing with) are sicker than the first wave. At first it was the younger people, now the age is trending upwards. She has said once these hit a ventilator it is harder to save their lives.

You all can take it for what it is worth.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

drc wrote:My wife is continuing to treat Covid-19 patients, along with doing her regular job of working with lung nodule patients. The majority of the folks in the hospital are unvaccinated. The ones that do get hospitalized are (as a general rule, what she is dealing with) are sicker than the first wave. At first it was the younger people, now the age is trending upwards. She has said once these hit a ventilator it is harder to save their lives.

You all can take it for what it is worth.
Except for your last sentence, what you said is similar to what a former boss of mine (MD) told me recently. The only reason he didn't mention what you said in the last sentence is I guess because that's been generally true for the last two years, not really something new. Also, he used the word "vast majority" in stead of majority.

Recently a distant relative of mine told me that the great grandfather of the father of one of her kids passed away from Covid in Texas. The reason I mention this is when the guys local family contracted it, none were vaccinated, and prior to them getting Covid, he told her that Covid "wasn't real". I've heard a lot of things regarding Covid from both camps, but not that "it isn't real." When members of his family started getting it he admitted it might be real, but not any big deal, no worse than the flu, which he claimed he never has had. He also said that in his opinion, he was immune, if it did exist.

None of this doesn't mean anything in terms of vaccinations of course, because there is no guarantee that he wouldn't have gotten Covid anyway and died, just ironic that he died from a disease that's "not real." :(
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Had the Rona? Go get ya jab. You'll be fine.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... l-immunity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I know a guy that is struggling with the vax vs remaining unvaxed..
He's had the vid, his vaccinated wife got it from him and they've both recovered.
They'd like to travel in 2023, but if he's not vaxed that may prevent him from flying/being eligible to go on a cruise. Such are the choices ahead for some people.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Joe Biden on Covid safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8Hh1C7wag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
President Joe Biden coughed into his hand and then shook hands with people, during his remarks in Newark, New Jersey on 10/25/2021.

Glad he's pushing those mandates to keep us all safe.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Get ready for another narrative change. A study was conducted over the past year showing no difference in spread rate between the experimented shot takers and the regular population. I remember when it was about protecting yourself from the virus, that was proven to be false, so they changed it to take it to protect others from the virus and now that's been proven false. When will they get serious and tell people to start eating healthy, work out, and take some vitamins?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/v ... uxbndlbing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a yearlong study of 621 people in the U.K. with mild Covid-19, scientists found that their peak viral load was similar regardless of vaccination status, according to a paper published Thursday in The Lancet Infectious Diseases medical journal.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

A family friend of 40+ years is a big wig surgery nurse at a local hospital. A fellowette nurse got sick, their in house Dr. did the covid test and it was + . Of course he said 'go home' take Tylenol if any fever. But the rest was different, he said take some echinacea, vitamin C, D3, and zinc.

I do NOT know any other particulars, age of this sick nurse, weight, medical history etc. Only that in this particular case this was the course of treatment as indicated by a full medical Dr.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Waterford, once the crown jewel of Ireland’s Vaccination program, now has the highest rate of infection in the country. For the first time since March, the number of patients in hospital with Covid in Ireland is over 400. This in a country where 92% of adults have been Vaccinated against the CCP Virus.

It’s worse for County Waterford where almost every single person over the age of 18 has been double jabbed and yet case numbers are surging with more than 700 new cases documented in the last 2 weeks.

The number of vaccinated patients in ICU now is almost as high as the entire number of Covid patients in ICU a year ago. HSE chief clinical officer Dr Colm Henry admitted the figures were “higher than we would like” but added they would be even higher but for the impact of vaccination.
Somehow, this contradicts what was sold.

In Ohio, we can't make vitamin D during this season. Diet (milk/fish) is insufficient. Get some D in your systems. Get your level above 50...not that I'm a doctor...or that this is medical advice.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A whistleblower involved in Pfizer's pivotal phase III Covid-19 vaccine trial has leaked evidence to a notable peer-reviewed medical publication that poor practices at the contract research company she worked for raise questions about data integrity and regulatory oversight.

Brook Jackson, a now-fired regional director at Ventavia Research Group, revealed to The BMJ that vaccine trials at several sites in Texas last year had major problems - including falsified data, broke fundamental rules, and were 'slow' to report adverse reactions.
Don't sweat it...DJT is STILL proud of the accomplishment whereby we cut many corners and now insist that all 2 legged mammals inject this Frankenstien's monster cocktail into their systems.

When's the next election? Maybe Republicans will do something. :lol:

In the meantime, let's euphemistically swear at a dementia patient, buy a hat or tshirt (or both if you're serious) and giggle to ourselves.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The city of Dayton has rescinded it's mandatory mask order for businesses in the city, claiming the numbers of cases and deaths are down. While this is true, it has nothing to do with the mask mandate. In fact I looked up the numbers, and the numbers are down everywhere around the city of Dayton, in many cases down more of a % than Dayton. The mandate was useless. Not claiming this myself, but it could be argued by some that the mandate actually made things worse, because Dayton's decrease is less than places that didn't have a mandate. :roll:
High Power

Post by High Power »

Aesinsp wrote:I know a guy that is struggling with the vax vs remaining unvaxed..
He's had the vid, his vaccinated wife got it from him and they've both recovered.
They'd like to travel in 2023, but if he's not vaxed that may prevent him from flying/being eligible to go on a cruise. Such are the choices ahead for some people.
What’s worth more; your own life or a cruise?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein