Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Re: Corona virus

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:Nashville officials caught by emails concealing low numbers of new covid cases in bars and restaurants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz8r-05 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nashville is a lot like other cities across the country. So this begs the question; are there other cover-ups like this one being played out in other towns? In Ohio?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

High Power wrote:Nashville is a lot like other cities across the country. So this begs the question; are there other cover-ups like this one being played out in other towns? In Ohio?
Is this a serious question or.......?

Half the country, including myself, have said this from day 16 of the 15 days to slow the spread stuff. Welcome to day 138.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
High Power

Post by High Power »

ArmedAviator wrote:
High Power wrote:Nashville is a lot like other cities across the country. So this begs the question; are there other cover-ups like this one being played out in other towns? In Ohio?
Is this a serious question or.......?

Half the country, including myself, have said this from day 16 of the 15 days to slow the spread stuff. Welcome to day 138.
It's more of a rhetorical question. For those that trusted and were misled by their government; they ought to be asking this question. For those of us that didn't trust the government in the beginning we need to ask the question for the undecided and misled to make a point.

I don't wear a mask despite the royal decrees out of "King" Dewine's mouth.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

High Power wrote: I don't wear a mask despite the royal decrees out of "King" Dewine's mouth.
The news is coming fast, the implications are titanic.

On Monday, I wrote about Thomas Renz, the Ohio lawyer who is taking on a case for a set of plaintiffs, against Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and the state of Ohio.

The charge: DeWine has created massive damage through lockdowns and other “containment measures” designed to stop the spread of the purported coronavirus.

Against DeWine, attorney Renz has mounted a legal case to defeat both Constitutional violations AND gross scientific fraud.

SNIP

And the discovery proceedings would be made public, as they happen. Renz would be filing periodic reports with the court.

Another factor. The Ohio court, as part of its verdict, could grant PERMANENT INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. This means it could order the governor of Ohio to cancel the State of Emergency—thereby ending all orders and “containment measures” connected with the Emergency. No lockdowns, no mandatory masks, no mandatory distancing.

Yes, I’m aware that nothing is a slam-dunk in the judicial system. Fingers crossed. But this is a chance, an opportunity, a ray of light, a practical and real possibility.

Further, attorney Renz’s case is a model and a template for other lawyers, in other states and countries, who want to file similar cases.

When a government declares an Emergency, it must explain and justify it on the facts, not on lies and deceptions. Otherwise…

The Constitution no longer exists.

The Law no longer exists.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Had to get an iPhone 'activation unlocked' today for work. Coworker passed away (Not from COVID) and phone got wiped by too many wrong passcode entries before turning it in with his company property. so off to the Apple store I go.

They stop you outside the store at a checkpoint, to verify your health before you can enter the sanctum.
First I was directed to read a sign listing covid symptoms, proximity to sick people yada yada.
Second, My mask was unacceptable to them. I was issued an approved mask that I must wear to enter the store. NONE shall pass without apple approved mask. Wasn't aware Apple was hiring virologists to man the doors.
Then they had the ol' infrared thermometer to check my temp. to make sure I wasn't lying i guess.
After which I could go stand in line to gain permission to enter the secure health facility, I mean retail store.
the pretentious gatekeeper asked if I had an appointment to which I replied "what the hell do I need an appointment for" Yes I was already aggravated by all the BS leading up to this.
I was told I could be scheduled for an appointment next Tuesday. My response was less than kind after driving all the way there. Having a ridiculous, overpriced $1000.00 phone that can't be used and more is owed on it than has been paid, I could go on.. Suddenly she finds an opening and I can get in right away, imagine that. Next Tuesday, I don't think so.
After entry I finally get paired with a genius and told without the original receipt with S/N they will not unlock phone. The bill, with the phone on it etc.. is not sufficient.
Off to the AT&T Store for a Reprint of the purchase receipt from the corporate account that doesn't have my name on it. AT&T was at least friendly and helpful, and had an open door policy and no mask police analyzing your face-ware.
Back to the Apple store and repeat the entry dance. I'm not positive, but I don't think I was chipped while I was in there, but one can never really be sure.

I guess my point is their customer service sux, the attitude of some of the employees is irritating, and they have more precautions in place than I've seen anywhere aside from hospitals.
I now hate Apple a little more than before. Avoid the apple store like the plague because apparently they believe that's what's the unwashed masses have, and they treat you that way.

Corky and Lennys was closed so I had to drive to Slyman's to satisfy my Corned Beef craving afterwards.. So at least the day ended on a high note.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
High Power

Post by High Power »

Bruenor wrote:Had to get an iPhone 'activation unlocked' today for work. Coworker passed away (Not from COVID) and phone got wiped by too many wrong passcode entries before turning it in with his company property. so off to the Apple store I go.

They stop you outside the store at a checkpoint, to verify your health before you can enter the sanctum.
First I was directed to read a sign listing covid symptoms, proximity to sick people yada yada.
Second, My mask was unacceptable to them. I was issued an approved mask that I must wear to enter the store. NONE shall pass without apple approved mask. Wasn't aware Apple was hiring virologists to man the doors.
Then they had the ol' infrared thermometer to check my temp. to make sure I wasn't lying i guess.
After which I could go stand in line to gain permission to enter the secure health facility, I mean retail store.
the pretentious gatekeeper asked if I had an appointment to which I replied "what the hell do I need an appointment for" Yes I was already aggravated by all the BS leading up to this.
I was told I could be scheduled for an appointment next Tuesday. My response was less than kind after driving all the way there. Having a ridiculous, overpriced $1000.00 phone that can't be used and more is owed on it than has been paid, I could go on.. Suddenly she finds an opening and I can get in right away, imagine that. Next Tuesday, I don't think so.
After entry I finally get paired with a genius and told without the original receipt with S/N they will not unlock phone. The bill, with the phone on it etc.. is not sufficient.
Off to the AT&T Store for a Reprint of the purchase receipt from the corporate account that doesn't have my name on it. AT&T was at least friendly and helpful, and had an open door policy and no mask police analyzing your face-ware.
Back to the Apple store and repeat the entry dance. I'm not positive, but I don't think I was chipped while I was in there, but one can never really be sure.

I guess my point is their customer service sux, the attitude of some of the employees is irritating, and they have more precautions in place than I've seen anywhere aside from hospitals.
I now hate Apple a little more than before. Avoid the apple store like the plague because apparently they believe that's what's the unwashed masses have, and they treat you that way.

Corky and Lennys was closed so I had to drive to Slyman's to satisfy my Corned Beef craving afterwards.. So at least the day ended on a high note.
Did you ask them for a prostate exam? I would have liked to seen the reaction had you done that but sadly the resultant chain of events would have been at your expense.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

For those that hate masks and must go somewhere they are required. Amazon has a face shield that slides on a baseball cap. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

steves 50de wrote:For those that hate masks and must go somewhere they are required. Amazon has a face shield that slides on a baseball cap. :wink:
I was wearing a full face shield when I was told it is not acceptable by Apple standards. aside from that interaction, all I've gotten has been questions and interest about the face shield. Way more comfortable than a piece of cloth on your face that people seem to touch every 30 seconds. (Watch people, most can't keep their hands off their mask) With the continual re-use, lack of sterilization, improper fitting or wearing, and constant face touching, I believe the masks do next to nothing.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bruenor wrote:
steves 50de wrote:For those that hate masks and must go somewhere they are required. Amazon has a face shield that slides on a baseball cap. :wink:
I was wearing a full face shield when I was told it is not acceptable by Apple standards. aside from that interaction, all I've gotten has been questions and interest about the face shield. Way more comfortable than a piece of cloth on your face that people seem to touch every 30 seconds. (Watch people, most can't keep their hands off their mask) With the continual re-use, lack of sterilization, improper fitting or wearing, and constant face touching, I believe the masks do next to nothing.
Other than the N95 masks, I have yet to find a cloth or paper mask that doesn't keep sliding off my nose or above my chin when I talk and that requires constant adjustment. The worst are the ones that Mayfield Clinic requires you to wear. They make you take off your mask and put one of theirs on to get inside. They seem like children's masks - every time I move my mouth, they slip over something and I have to pull it up or down again.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

schmieg wrote:
Bruenor wrote:
Other than the N95 masks, I have yet to find a cloth or paper mask that doesn't keep sliding off my nose or above my chin when I talk and that requires constant adjustment. The worst are the ones that Mayfield Clinic requires you to wear. They make you take off your mask and put one of theirs on to get inside. They seem like children's masks - every time I move my mouth, they slip over something and I have to pull it up or down again.
I have asthma i wear a shield because masks do not provide enough oxygen.If anyone starts on me about not using a mask including my work,.... i ask them if they know what a federal ADA discrimination lawsuit is. In most cases they walk away without further explanation :roll: :lol: asthma is recognized by the ADA as a life altering disease.
Black Rifles Matter
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Apparently Biden is open to mandatory vaccinations for covid, but then said you couldn't enforce it. How is it "mandatory" then? :roll:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/e ... ne-mandate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Apparently Biden is open to mandatory vaccinations for covid, but then said you couldn't enforce it. How is it "mandatory" then?
In Nancy fashion, perhaps ppl will have to elect him first , to find out (LoL)

Pass it 1st to find out what's in it
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
High Power

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:Apparently Biden is open to mandatory vaccinations for covid, but then said you couldn't enforce it. How is it "mandatory" then? :roll:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/e ... ne-mandate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then how would he enforce mandatory gun confiscation?
James2508

Post by James2508 »

I think Covid-19 is still dangerous, but there is little we can do. We just have to get over it and not panic. Many of us may have already been ill, just do not know about it. Besides, the government can speculate about it.
As a professional marketer, I can recommend a service in which a nurse can help with a health assessment paper nursing.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Met a friend of mine at our weekly Club meeting. We sat at a table together, no masks. He and a brother both had Covid-19 recently. Age late 60's and healthy. Both recovered, at home. Unreported! My point, How many cases are minor and go unreported!
Abandon ye all HOPE!