Gunman opens fire in Bronx precinct

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Gunman opens fire in Bronx precinct

Post by Bruenor »

Well that's a rare target.. wonder what his beef is..

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/02/09 ... the-bronx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two NYPD officers were shot during a 12-hour span Saturday night into Sunday morning, allegedly by the same gunman, sources told CBS2.

The suspect, identified as Robert Williams, 45, initially shot at two officers, wounding one, as they sat in their marked police van in the Bronx, sources said, and later walked into the 41st Precinct, located at 1035 Longwood Avenue, and opened fire, wounding another officer.

Both wounded cops are expected to survive. The suspect was quickly taken into custody after he ran out of bullets.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Gunman opens fire in Bronx precinct

Post by Javelin Man »

The suspect was quickly taken into custody after he ran out of bullets.
See? New York's limit of two round magazines worked! Only two people were shot.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I'm sure the NYNY mayor and NY guoober are thinking new ways to punish gun owners for the miscreants behaviors

Prayers for the officers injured as well as their families, and a speedy recovery
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Thank goodness his gun jammed, or else there would've been a massacre of a dozen or more, oh wait, this is a police precinct. I was thinking it was a group of unarmed sheep civilians in a building, who thanks to NYC laws are unable to defend themselves. :roll:
Shea said on Sunday the gunman entered the precinct through a public entrance before firing several rounds at point-blank range at uniform officers and a civilian member of the NYPD. A male lieutenant, identified by sources as Lt. Jose Gautreaux, was hit in the left arm and returned fire.

Surveillance video within the precinct shows the suspect get down on the precinct house floor after his 9mm Sig Sauer pistol jammed. At least 12 officers moved in to detain him, CBS2’s Dave Carlin reported.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

A Sig Sauer jammed? I thought they were even better than Glocks!

I wonder if the policemen did not have weapons on them inside the precinct?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George