DGU Cleveland's Slavic Village - Shots fired

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

DGU Cleveland's Slavic Village - Shots fired

Post by Bruenor »

That's a lot of shots for a single hit to the arm..

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/01 ... e-say.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fifteen gunshots were fired in two separate rounds of shooting.

The incident happened about 3 p.m. on Broadway Avenue and East 65th Street. The 24-year-old jumped out of an SUV and punched the other man in the face from behind, according to police.

The two men wrestled to the ground. A woman got out of the SUV and kicked the other man while he was on the ground, according to police.

The man who got jumped fired several shots at the 24-year-old man in self-defense, hitting him in the arm, according to police. He walked away, but the 24-year-old man and woman got back in the SUV and followed him, according to police.

The man opened fire on the SUV. The SUV reversed course and drove in the opposite direction, while the gunman got in a car and sped away. Police have not identified the man firing the shots.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: DGU Cleveland's Slavic Village - Shots fired

Post by M-Quigley »

It is a lot of shots but it happens. Back in the day I witnessed two people shooting handguns at each other across the street from where I was working. One had a revolver and the other emptied a semi auto pistol, before they ran off in different directions. I reported it, just in case someone was reported to be injured or killed later on. When the police eventually came out I walked over with them to where it happened. They recovered six shell casings from the semi auto shooter, so the total number of shots fired was 12. When I was able to safely walk across the street it appeared based on where they were standing that the actual distance apart was probably 3 yards, definitely no more than 4 or 5 at the most. There was no evidence to suggest anyone was hit, and I never heard back from the police about any injuries from the gunfire. They could've probably picked up rocks at that distance and maybe hit each other better than what they did with handguns. :roll: