Gun Sales, full steam ahead

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Gun Sales, full steam ahead

Post by qmti »

Over on TTAG's website;
November NICS Check Volume Shows Americans Buying Guns at a Faster Pace
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/novem ... ster-pace/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, December should be a banner month also. Was at my local gun shop on Tuesday right when they opened. Bought a NAA's .22 for up close varmints (the four legged type). Filled out the 4473 and then waited at the checkout counter. There were already four purchases before me and even with my CCW it took almost 45 minutes to process my sale. The ladies were doing a great job processing the 4473's , NICS was just slow.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Gun Sales, full steam ahead

Post by bignflnut »

(Cheering?)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

bignflnut wrote:Image

(Cheering?)
(Cheering?) Not hardly, just stating the transaction. Was there today and bought a S&W EZ9. Presented my CCW and fill out 4473. Transaction went through in minutes. Don't know what took so log on December 4th.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Yea, verily, Trump has outdone Obama, once again. (No, it's not a good thing.)

In the afterglow of Nov 2016's euphoria, who thought we would be here?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

bignflnut wrote:Yea, verily, Trump has outdone Obama, once again. (No, it's not a good thing.)

Benefits of a booming economy?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

TJW815 wrote:
bignflnut wrote:Yea, verily, Trump has outdone Obama, once again. (No, it's not a good thing.)

Benefits of a booming economy?
Could be. I have a relative who in 2016 was working odd jobs to get by because he was laid off from his old job and told by some that the type of work he did was never coming back, just get over it, and he wasn't buying any guns back then. He wasn't spending money on some other stuff either. Now he's employed again at the same type of job he had before, making good money, has health care again from his employer, talking about taking a vacation. and over the holidays showed me one of the latest guns he had purchased.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

qmti wrote:Filled out the 4473 and then waited at the checkout counter. There were already four purchases before me and even with my CCW it took almost 45 minutes to process my sale. The ladies were doing a great job processing the 4473's , NICS was just slow.
I'm confused. I thought with a Ohio CHL they did not need to run it through NICS.

I bought a carbine this week and once I got the local paperwork done (4473) I was out of there very quickly.

Ken
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

OhioPaints wrote:
qmti wrote:Filled out the 4473 and then waited at the checkout counter. There were already four purchases before me and even with my CCW it took almost 45 minutes to process my sale. The ladies were doing a great job processing the 4473's , NICS was just slow.
I'm confused. I thought with a Ohio CHL they did not need to run it through NICS.

I bought a carbine this week and once I got the local paperwork done (4473) I was out of there very quickly.

Ken
They also are not required to accept it either.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OhioPaints wrote:

Ken
One store I deal with went back to running the NICS check even when a valid Ohio CHL was presented. Owner told me that in a few instances, weeks after a transaction had occurred, the BATFE, along with Hamilton County cops, had come in to see if the transaction had been made, because it shouldn't have. That's all I know, the owner said the whole situation annoyed him, and he really didn't want to have the police coming in and taking up his time because of THEIR obvious problems.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.