two stories involving a LA deputy claiming to be shot

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

two stories involving a LA deputy claiming to be shot

Post by M-Quigley »

Here is the original story. Check out the comments about the alleged mentally ill across from the Sheriffs station.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/los-angeles-s ... d=65114172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is, as Paul Harvey would say, is the rest of the story. :(

https://abcnews.go.com/US/los-angeles-s ... d=65114172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: two stories involving a LA deputy claiming to be shot

Post by Aesinsp »

Both links appear to refer to the same story/wording, unless I'm missing something.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Person who lives there comments...
...the mental health facility is in the same complex, but separate from the apartments, which are not specifically for patients.

"They let people live in our apartment complex who have mental illness," T* M*, who lives in the apartment complex, told KABC. "It's kind of scary because there's no security onsite 24 hours. Management is never here when things happen. The cops are in there constantly. So it's not a surprise."
Classic definition of a gun free you-can't-defend-yerself zone to me. L.A. ,Kahlyfornia

Glad the LEO wasn't seriously injured.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Aesinsp wrote:Both links appear to refer to the same story/wording, unless I'm missing something.
Sorry about that. I was trying to cut/ past two differenct links and didn't realize the copy part was still on link one, the original story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/la ... r-n1046141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy "completely fabricated" a claim that he was shot by a sniper Wednesday while unloading a patrol car in the parking lot of the Lancaster Sheriff's station, department officials said Saturday.
"There was no sniper, no shots fired, and no gunshot injury sustained to his shoulder ― completely fabricated," LA County Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau Captain Kent Wegener said.

Reinosa failed to provide any motive for his attack, Wegener said, calling the act "self-serving."

"As Sheriff, I am responsible for my deputies and am embarrassed & incredibly disappointed at what this Deputy did," Sheriff Alex Villanueva said in a statement Sunday. "I apologize to our community and our elected officials who rallied in our support."
Two people briefly detained during the search for being “uncooperative” were released and had nothing to do with the incident, the Sheriff’s Department said.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

That was what I was suspecting, not good at all.
In regards to where the mentally-challenged people live, where would be a better place for them? I'm sure there's plenty of 'not here' opinions.

If the police are there quite often, I'd say that's a savings of mileage and response time. :wink:
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe