Ohio mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from colle

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Ohio mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from colle

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/national/ohio ... =cb_widget" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The antis will probably try to misuse this incident, but the facts are the daughter is extremely stupid and lacks any common sense. (although I guess a lot of 18 yr olds are that way. :( She's very lucky to be alive and that her injury wasn't more serious.

GIRARD, Ohio — A college student who returned to her Ohio home for a surprise visit is recovering after her mother accidentally shot her, police said.

According to WFMJ-TV, authorities responded to the Girard home the night of Aug. 30 after the boyfriend of the 18-year-old victim called 911.

"My girlfriend just came home from college and her mom didn't know, like, honestly – she accidentally shot her, and we don't know what to do," he told the dispatcher, the news station reported.

Girard police told WFMJ that the mother, who wasn't expecting a visitor and is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, was frightened after hearing noises inside the house. Thinking an intruder was nearby, she grabbed her revolver and opened fire as someone rushed into her bedroom, WJW-TV reported.

That person was actually the woman's daughter, who was shot in the elbow, authorities told WJW. Emergency responders took the teen to a nearby hospital, where she was treated and later released, WFMJ reported.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ohio mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from c

Post by Mr. Glock »

That is a bad day all around.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Glad my daughter knew better than to do something like that.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

My kids know, my wife has ready access to a pistol. They would not come in, unexpected.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

At 14 years old (maybe sooner) I knew better than that.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.