HARPA: America’s New Social Credit Plan Partners Big Tech

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tesser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

HARPA: America’s New Social Credit Plan Partners Big Tech

Post by Tesser »

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/harpa ... n-control/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a push on for the creation of another unconstitutional federal agency that would create systems to identify “early signs of changes in people with mental illness that could lead to violent behavior.”

Coupled with “red flag” laws, this sounds like the beginning of a dystopian nightmare.

The Trump Administration is considering a very disturbing proposal that would use Big Tech companies including Google, Amazon, and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to “violent behavior”.

The idea is for the agency to develop a “sensor suite” using advanced artificial intelligence to try to identify changes in mental status that could make an individual more prone to violent behavior. The research would ultimately be opened to the public.

HARPA would develop “breakthrough technologies with high specificity and sensitivity for early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence,” says a copy of the proposal. “A multi-modality solution, along with real-time data analytics, is needed to achieve such an accurate diagnosis.”

The document goes on to list a number of widely used technologies it suggests could be employed to help collect data, including Apple Watches, Fitbits, Amazon Echo and Google Home. The document also mentions “powerful tools” collected by health-care provides like fMRIs, tractography and image analysis.
Liberty is the soul's right to breathe, and when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight.

HENRY WARD BEECHER, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit
Tesser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HARPA: America’s New Social Credit Plan Partners Big Tec

Post by Tesser »

Dup: Did a site search and saw that this was already posted " by bignflnut on 8/26/19 in Trump, Gun Free Zones and Day One" after I had already posted.
Liberty is the soul's right to breathe, and when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight.

HENRY WARD BEECHER, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I always thought Phillip K. Dick's Minority Report was a good book, a good movie, and was as laughable at becoming reality as Running Man.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

This is a separate issue. I know that this is nothing really new...just new tools. The CIA already had used psychologists to compile data used to analyze trash. The tools essentially are designed to suggest psychological profiles from what is found in one's trash. For instance, they may be able to determine someone is a psychopath, suffering from PTSD, cheating on their wife, a pedophile based on what type of ice cream containers are found in the trash (over simplified for conversation sake). If they have a target with information/access they want they determine how to set them up for what they need. In other words, they will set a pedo up with a kid in a controlled environment to obtain pictures or send a woman to seduce a married man (a blonde for a man attracted to blondes).
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.