Goodbye WalMart

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Goodbye WalMart

Post by Mr. Glock »

So a quick Google took me to Truth About Guns. Here’s the short version: “We are just rural Fudds, please leave us be”

Again, we’ve lost the narrative.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I remember reading the CEO is relatively new. I just wonder if the BoD ''approves'' of all this shenaniganery

Perhaps...they..are..more...correctly......neutral. Well, neutral until sales are down, other stores offer discounts ''shop over here'', other sales tactics etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Why didn't I buy it at Midway?
1. I could only afford the two boxes I purchased.
2. The free shipping didn't show up in my emails until later.
3. IIRC The minimum purchase was more than I could afford.
4. There's a problem with getting shipments of ammo at the apartment house I live in.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

AlanM wrote:Why didn't I buy it at Midway?
1. I could only afford the two boxes I purchased.
2. The free shipping didn't show up in my emails until later.
3. IIRC The minimum purchase was more than I could afford.
4. There's a problem with getting shipments of ammo at the apartment house I live in.
Yeah, I know. I’m on a fixed income now, too. My saving grace was for a year before the election, I was working, and buying a couple cases of ammunition a month, just in case.

Unfortunately, I too have done most of my grocery shopping at Walmart. I figure if I can cut my purchases from there by 60%, it’ll help. Eventually there’ll be no place a conservative will be able to shop.

If every conservative gun owner would shop somewhere else for a week, it might send a message. I can guarantee you the “moms demand action” group can’t do that. Show me a woman that can drive past a Walmart!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

So it's a bit more than we're just dropping certain ammo sales.

https://tennesseefirearms.com/2019/09/w ... an-agenda/
Walmart now proudly proclaims on its own website that it is a “charter member” of the “Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership” which was co-formed by WalMart, “Everytown for Gun Safety” and Michael Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” See, https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

From Walmarts Corporate policy page.
Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

We have committed to work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our own best practices. This system navigates tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where a firearm is sold and who is purchasing. We hope that freely sharing this information will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

2.48% profit margin at last report.
A 10% decline in revenue would make a gigantic statement.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
High Power

Post by High Power »

bignflnut wrote:2.48% profit margin at last report.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

High Power wrote:
bignflnut wrote:2.48% profit margin at last report.
Walmart and Sam's Club are totally different companies from when Sam was alive and in charge.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Walmart and Sam's Club are totally different companies from when Sam was alive and in charge.
Yes exactly. WalMart was on the upswing then. It's on the downswing, 8) now.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I'm going to make a suggestion, sort of a topic for discussion. It was pretty easy to bash Dick's, and it was appropriate. That was virtue- signaling, plain and simple. But, in the end, Dick's is doing just fine. Sure, a few folks are saying they could have been more profitable if they didn't throw the People of the Gun overboard. But, in the end, their stock is fine and their sales are fine. Soccer moms don't care.

Wal-Mart won't even feel you not buying groceries there. To their defense, they didn't do a full virtue-signaling Dick's move, they tried to split the baby. In the end, just as the UAW was saying "Buy American Cars", they all went to Wal-Mart and sold the US Textile unions down the river. Do you really think a scattering of the People of Gun not shopping at WM is going to make any difference that matters? Hardly. They are so big, they won't even notice. And you aren't building a boycott Walmart movement, it just isn't feasible.

It's kind of the same thing with YouTube, Google and Facebook. They are going to push the anti-gun envelope because they can. Who is going to stop them? Turmp. Good luck, he's not 2A not matter how much you like him.

Why can major corporations make these move? We've lost the narrative. We all know that Universal Background Checks really mean Registration. But does Holly Housewife or Charlie Corporate Worker? No. We all know that Red Flag Laws, as written, completely lack due process and are going to become like Civil Asset Forfeiture...abused. Does Holly or Charlie? No, and they don't care because the way those things are presented are so, so smart. And common sense. And safe. like warm milk at bed time.

And what do we present? Some dumb butt open carrying an AR with full kit and body armor into a WM just days after the El Paso massacre. Looks great, huh? Holly and Charlie will just run to our side I'm sure.

Here's my suggestion. Rather than drive another 20 miles to whatever big box grocery you think might be 2A friendly (good luck with that, finding a 2A supporting big box corporation), go to Wal Mart. And then take that extra grocery saving and gas money, and do something 2A with it.

The NRA is in shambles, so they are out. But a few trips to the grocery equals a membership in OFCC (Patron naturally). The next one could be Gun Owners of America. And then Second Amendment Foundation.

Some folks might like to support BFA. I'm not so keen with the DeWine flip-flop, but you be the judge.

The next step would be to open a Patreon account and start funding some YouTubers who support the 2A. Those folks are on the cutting edge of the Google-Facebook fight, and are a way better spend than a lot of other things. They bring friendly gun content to the masses, and I can't think of what might be more worthwhile in getting the narrative back than that. YouTube totally de-monitized them, but their Patrons picked up the slack. But, you know, the current issue is that Patreon support is trending down over time. Yes, the Gun Collective (who have their own bias issues) threw their toys out of the Patreon stroller, but that is a case of the Perfect being the Enemy of the Good. It's what we have. If you need a pliers, and all you have is rusty one, you are going to use it. Channels like Nutnfancy, Military Arms Channel, Inrange, Primary and Secondary etc etc are the next front in the culture war. And that's just a few off the top of my head, there are plenty more. Are they all perfectly 2A? No, but this fight isn't about a purity test. Purity tests equal failure.

I'm sure you and others can think of additional worthy causes, like youth shooting programs or similar outreach programs.

Or, we can sit on our hands and post to the choir "Tuck, Tuck, too bad no one likes us"

That's my two cents. Don't pee into the wind, find a way to make a difference. A real long-game difference. We've lost the short game.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well said, Mr. Glock. Well said!

(And yes, I particularly like that you suggest taking the savings from shopping at Walmart and joining OFCC, upping to a Patron membership, joining other state-level pro-gun organizations, etc.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Sounds like some think Walmart is to big to fail. Not me. I'm out.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I'll stay out of the WM***, and use my 2A Rights $aving$.

I understand ppl on fixed income having to shop due to no other local grocery, cannot afford to travel to make a ''statement.'' Gas is $.30 cheaper at S*** C*** instead of across the street. Spectacles is (wow) $40, $50 or more cheaper there (to that I add, a once a year or more purchase). Etc. I really do. There are still ways to protest, i.e. contact the manager on duty at the time of sale and tell them, ''I have to shop here until such time I find another store.''
In full disclosure, I am stuck in this spectacles issue due to an eye problem I do not want to ''break in'' a new spectacles doctor. Another buddy has new tires at S***C***, and that's a warranty and road hazard he's already paid for...

Personally, I am going to form a letter to the local WM*** stores respective managers, informing them of my intentions NOT TO SHOP THERE, for a period of no less than one year. I will reevaluate my position at that point. But to just generically start ''rationalyzing'' going back inside the store, this early? Seriously? Really? NO, not me.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

http://www.targetsportsusa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This site has a prime membership of $99.
Then any amount of ammo ships free.
I'm not a member yet just reading the info on thier site.

Maybe an option for folks that can't buy bulk or reload.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Whirlwind06 wrote:http://www.targetsportsusa.com

This site has a prime membership of $99.
Then any amount of ammo ships free.
I'm not a member yet just reading the info on thier site.

Maybe an option for folks that can't buy bulk or reload.
I bought a lot of ammo from them and saved a bunch of money. The Prime membership is worth it.

https://www.sgammo.com/ is also a good place to go for savings on ammunition.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein