Dayton Ohio Mass Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Dayton Ohio Mass Shooting

Post by catfish86 »

bignflnut wrote:
The Montgomery County coroner said the Dayton gunman had cocaine and other drugs in his system at the time of the mass shooting that killed nine people before police fatally shot him.

Dr. Kent Harshbarger said during a Thursday news conference that authorities also found a bag of cocaine on the body of 24-year-old Connor Betts. He also had Xanax and alcohol in his system.

SNIP

Harshbarger said Betts was shot by police about 24 times with wounds mostly to Betts' upper torso and lower extremities.
HEY MIKEY!
This dude was on Xanex! Was he under the care of a mental health doc at the time? HMMMM?
This is your big solution, to give more patients to these "professionals" who can't keep their patients doped up enough to take away the homicidal tendencies?!!

That's just what we need is more people smacked out of their head! (Somebody ask Mikey if he's in his right mind the next time they see him...)
Just had to point this out...the fact that he was on Xanex does not equate to that drug being prescribed by a professional. That is usually available at your local street corner pharmacist. One thing that does not get attention is that some of these psycho-active drugs cause increased aggressive behavior.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

That was my next statement / first question: Was the shooter under the care of a pro?
You have got to know your dosages, it's elementary.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I wasn't gonna ask

It's itching me

I gotta know...

Was the gun sportn' colors? Was some type of drugs, street or no, prescribed or no, massaged into the stocks? No no, better yet...was the gun f@@led into taking the drugs innocently, 'cause it was mixed into the gunoil?

I gotta know 'cause now the gov thinks controlling the gun will help. I want to do my part, and have my weapons of choice (see below) ejumacated against illegal drug use; contact hi; colors means dif things to dif ppl ...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:The Dayton area news stations just can't cover the anti-gun crowd enough. All they are now covering are the protesters. And this sick shooter has been a golden child for the Democrats and the anti-gun people. The Republicans and Trump are started to cave in and more bills are being introduced. The Democrats couldn't ask for a better poster boy for their anti-gun crusade .
Dayton Mayor Nan Wheahly has been in Washington bathing in the spotlight with the ladies in red standing behind her promotion her anti-gun stance. Of course old Chuck is right next to her getting some spotlight himself. And all the Dayton news stations can't get enough coverage of this. I just upped my OFCC membership to Patron to help OFCC fight for our gun rights. Anyone else?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

As the Left always said! "You never let a serious crisis go to waste"
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Like I told my Ohio Rep & Sen when I 8) CALLED 8)

We have bean tolde, let the police handle it. In this case the police got to the job in lickity-split time, 35 seconds I believe

ITS
NOT
ENUFF

Oh, its NEVER enuff for the hard leftists. And apparently,NRA F rated, been kicked out of Fed office once b4 for it gov has bought in. HOPEFULLY, the OGA will treat his 17 point (dull?) proposal just as if Cordray would have brought it up...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

FBI completes it's investigation and concludes:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/i-team- ... 6H2RRSFTU/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In part of its report, the FBI said “bystander fatigue” was one of the main reasons why no one reported Connor Betts to authorities before his murderous rampage in August 2019.

The I-Team’s John Bedell has been following this investigation for more than two years and talked to a local psychologist to learn more about bystander fatigue.
The FBI said no one reported Betts to the authorities before his attack in the Oregon District because the people closest to him were essentially desensitized to his concerning behavior because they were exposed to it over a long period of time.

The last bullet point in the FBI’s two-page report says the following:

“Information obtained from interviews with the attacker’s friends and peers suggested ‘bystander fatigue’ was potentially a major factor in why the attacker was not reported to authorities prior to committing violence.”

Doctor Kathy Platoni, a Centerville-based clinical psychologist, says she has treated several people who suffered traumatic experiences in the Oregon District shooting.

Platoni gave some perspective on bystander fatigue.

“I like to refer to it as bystander effect. It pretty much means the same thing,” Platoni said. “We become desensitized to it. We think it could never happen here, I don’t want to be a snitch, nobody will take me seriously, this person has never threatened to bring harm on any scale, let alone a mass scale, so people figure somebody else is going to report.”
Given Betts’ violent past, Platoni says one lesson to prevent future tragedies could be to change our awareness of people who, like Betts, have red flags in their behavior.

“The signs were there that are clearly indicative if you look at the psychology behind the threats– the hit list, the rape list, wanting to kill people who had done harm to him, that was there,” Platoni said.

It’s something Dion Green, who lost his dad in the shooting, Derrick Fudge, says he’s thought about following the final report where FBI behavioral analysts found Betts had a history of mental illness and a fascination with mass violence.

“And that’s why I tell people, like ‘if you’re comfortable to approach that person and you see these type of actions, approach them, but if not, get somebody professional,’ but don’t let these things go unannounced, because the unannounced turns into what happened down here,” Green said.

The FBI said there were no specific warnings Betts intended to commit a crime, and no indications he talked about his plans with anyone.

The FBI met with families of the shooting victims in October 2020 to update them on this investigation.

Two of those families told the I-Team the FBI told them Betts’ parents refused to talk to federal investigators.
When a guy who had a relationship with a relative was released from prison it was discovered that he had a kill list that he was going to do when he got out of prison, my wife and I were allegedly on it. The first relative on the list went to her local cops who basically said they could do nothing unless they catch him in the act, and people who spend years in prison do that all the time, but not everyone actually acts on it. She was allegedly told to basically call 911 if he shows up. :roll:
IDK if the feds were informed or not about that one, but at least 2 of the people on the kill list (us) live in a different state.