Woman killed after unintentional discharge of gun in purse

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Woman killed after unintentional discharge of gun in purse

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 39203.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I looked at several articles, and none of them mention if she had a concealed carry license or not, or how the gun happened to discharge in the purse, at this time. The article mentions it was a S&W, does not mention what model. If I had to make a guess, it was most likely some form of semi auto and not in any form of quality non collapsing holster covering the trigger guard, probably thrown in the purse haphazardly along with other stuff. :(
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Woman killed after unintentional discharge of gun in pur

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 39203.html

I looked at several articles, and none of them mention if she had a concealed carry license or not, or how the gun happened to discharge in the purse, at this time. The article mentions it was a S&W, does not mention what model. If I had to make a guess, it was most likely some form of semi auto and not in any form of quality non collapsing holster covering the trigger guard, probably thrown in the purse haphazardly along with other stuff. :(
The article did say it was a 9mm, so that would seriously limit the revolver options and probably completely remove them from what a non-aficianado would select.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand