Two CHLs doing the wrong thing

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Two CHLs doing the wrong thing

Post by rickt »

If you have over 600,000 licensees I guess a few losers are inevitable.

The other day I read this in the Bay Village police blotter.
On June 1, 2019 at 3:26am, Bay Village Police stopped a vehicle on Cahoon Road near West Oakland Rd for having expired license plates. When speaking with the male operator, a 24 year old Lakewood resident, officers suspected that he was heavily under the influence of alcohol. When officers had the male step out of the vehicle, it was found that the male had a loaded handgun on his person. The male was arrested and taken back to the BVPD. Officers also found a loaded shotgun inside the vehicle and other ammunition. On station, the male failed field sobriety tests. He agreed to take a breath test which showed a .151 Blood Alcohol content. The male did have a permit for CCW. The male is facing OVI charges along with felony gun charges in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. He later posted bond and was released.
http://www.cityofbayvillage.com/media/4 ... 060319.pdf

Then later the same day I was listening to my scanner and heard a call to the Lakewood PD about a guy who passed out in a bar. Someone notice the guy had a gun on his hip. PD checked his ID and found he had a CHL. This 57 year old Clevelander was arrested for DCI and "CCW related charges" (as the officer told the dispatcher).
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Two CHLs doing the wrong thing

Post by WhyNot »

I am still in AWE of these CCW permits these police departments find on people. I was skeptical at 1st hearing of these majikk devices, but, after hearing of them ever so often -across the years- I am convinced they actually exist .

:P :P
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Two CHLs doing the wrong thing

Post by rickt »

One time I actually heard a male dispatcher with the Cleveland Metroparks say, "Concealed Handgun License". My guess is he had a CHL himself which is why he actually knew the proper terminology. Otherwise it is always "CCW permit" or even just "CCW".