ND at SPB in Florence, KY

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

ND at SPB in Florence, KY

Post by Sevens »

https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/08/man-ac ... ges-filed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 year old apparently at the store to celebrate his birthday... manages to ND with the explanation that he was attempting to lock the slide back when his finger slipped and hit the trigger. This was in the store, -NOT- on the range. Not on the range YET... as management elected to let this same guy go ahead and get some range time.

So I'm curious at this point how & why a 20-year old has a loaded handgun inside the store, not on the range.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: ND at SPB in Florence, KY

Post by techmike »

Did a search for Kentucky gun laws / age, was surprised.

"Open carry is legal in Kentucky without a permit. The minimum age is 18. Some areas are off-limits, including businesses primarily devoted to the sale of alcohol."
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Good call!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I stop in there occasionally to look at the used guns. They do free transfers to their locations around Cincinnati, so buying even a handgun isn't an issue.

This incident serves as a good reminder not to slip into Condition White just because you're in a gun-friendly place
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Sevens wrote:https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/08/man-ac ... ges-filed/
20 year old apparently at the store to celebrate his birthday... manages to ND with the explanation that he was attempting to lock the slide back when his finger slipped and hit the trigger. This was in the store, -NOT- on the range. Not on the range YET... as management elected to let this same guy go ahead and get some range time.

So I'm curious at this point how & why a 20-year old has a loaded handgun inside the store, not on the range.
The way I read it, the 20-yr old birthday boy was *not* the person who had an ND, but was a bystander.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Sevens wrote:https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/08/man-ac ... ges-filed/

Your editing of the original article, you linked us to, is way off and misleading! The 20 year old (Smith) had nothing to do with the ND, and I wonder why his name was even mentioned in the article?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Mea culpa, you gents are correct and I got sucked right in to that.

The 20yr old has nothing to do with it.