Varied reasons why casualty count in Ca synagogue was low

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Varied reasons why casualty count in Ca synagogue was lo

Post by catfish86 »

Pretty good synopsis. Although I will say that history aside, in the modern age: I am a Christian and see it as a Jewish Sect (Jesus himself NEVER spoke against the Jewish faith). The Jewish people are God's chosen people to bring His message to the word and nothing undid that. For me to hate Jews is an act of rebellion against God. Plain and simple.
rickt wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:I hope this doesn't violate TOS, but could someone explain to me either publicly or in an IM why Jews are being hated, persecuted, attacked? Why the anti-antisemitism and why is that even being considered after the Germans actions in WWII? Who have they attacked or ticked off to cause this? :?: :?
Over the last year I listened to a college course on the History of the Christian Church via iTunes University. One subject the instructor touched on was antisemitism. You could write a book on this but a few things I remember him saying...

During the Roman Empire, the Romans insisted that everyone worship the emperor as a god. Since almost all Roman subjects were pagans, that was no big deal. However, the Jewish people being monotheist were outraged. They revolted against the Romans three times which eventually resulted in the diaspora, destruction of the Temple and other sanctions. This made Jews very unpopular in the empire.

The first Christians were of course Jews and Messianic Jews were part of the church until the Council of Nicea in 325. The Council decreed that any Jew wanting to remain in the church had to renounce all Jewish practices. Practicing Jews thus became outsiders in a predominately Christian European culture. As a minority they became a very convenient scapegoat for all the world's ills...Plague, bad economic times, etc. Usury was considered a sin thus only Jews could be money lenders during medieval times which created a lot of resentment.

Martin Luther was a strong antisemite and the Catholic Church until the twentieth century was not exactly friendly to Jews.

I see two types of antisemitism today. Neo-nazi types that think Jews are responsible for many of the worlds ills and then you have Muslims who want Israel to be destroyed. Ironically, in medieval times, Jews were better treated in Muslim countries than in Christian countries.

I'm sure someone better versed in the subject could give a better explanation but my main point is antisemitism has been around for two thousand years.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

More on topic though: Not all AR15s are created equal. S&W MP15 jammed. I have one of these and it jammed first shot (yes, I cleaned it before going to the range). It continued to jam once or twice until I had a buddy machine out the innards, now it works fine. I ended up getting a Colt M4 that runs like a dream. What really saved this from a higher body count was a weapon that jammed. In other words this guy didn't know enough about his equipment.

Now you may say that he didn't practice clearance drills but the type of jam mattered. With my MP15 the jam involved the bolt seizing up in the breach which required popping the pins and with considerable force removing the upper from the lower. Thus he had to flee because there was no way to clear the jam rapidly enough that he wasn't rushed.

When anti gunners make it sound like any kid with no training or knowledge can just pull an AR15 out of the box and kill dozens of people it belies a certain ignorance of itself.

There were firearms there BUT they were in a cabinet somewhere which somebody had to go fetch before mounting armed resistance.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Speaking of jams, I think I recall that in a shooting in Europe on a train, (the one where American Marines stopped him) his AK47 allegedly jammed also.