Larry Hopkins and what a militia means

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Larry Hopkins and what a militia means

Post by bignflnut »

The FBI on Saturday said it had arrested Larry Hopkins, the leader of an armed group that is stopping undocumented migrants after they cross the U.S.-Mexico border into New Mexico,” Reuters reports. “Hopkins, 69, also known as Johnny Horton, was arrested in Sunland Park, New Mexico, on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.”

SNIP

The true guilty parties here are those who are making “violent revolution inevitable” through their deliberate betrayal of their country and by disallowing the one thing the Founders considered “necessary to the security of a free State.”

We shouldn’t be surprised that the media portrays UCP as “Trump’s army.” What the “journalists” don’t realize, because they’re trying to smear rather than report, is that a Constitutional militia would be in terms of command. Article. II. Section 2. Of the “supreme Law of the Land” designates:

“The President shall be Commander in Chief … of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States;”

Further, Article I. Section. 8. assigns to Congress the power:

“To provide for calling forth the Militia to … repel Invasions;

“To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States…

SNIP

So Americans get arrested for “gun law violations.” Mexican troops illegally armed on our side of the border get obeyed. And an unchecked foreign flood continues as traitors at the highest levels of government do everything in their power to subvert original intent and bring about a tyranny that George III could not have imagined in his most fevered bout of madness.

UPDATE:
“The leader of an armed militia group that spent the past two months detaining migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border has been hospitalized after he was attacked in the prison where he was awaiting trial on federal firearms charges, his attorney said.”
OBTW,
According to catch and release totals obtained by Breitbart News, DHS has released about 12,500 border crossers and illegal aliens into the U.S. over a nine-day period between April 9 and April 17. At this rate, DHS is releasing more than 1,300 border crossers and illegal aliens every day into the country.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Larry Hopkins and what a militia means

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'm not for or against this guy doing what he is doing I have a open mind. BUT...How is this any different what he is doing then Sharia Law Police policing some city's in the United States...???
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I'm not for or against this guy doing what he is doing I have a open mind. BUT...How is this any different what he is doing then Sharia Law Police policing some city's in the United States...???
He and his group are enforcing the laws of the United States of America. Sharia police are enforcing another set of laws. Since we don't want to run foul of the TOS, we'd best keep that from turning into a religious discussion.

Back to Larry Hopkins....
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Not trying to make this about ones beliefs. Why is it ok for the law to arrest one group and not the other.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Not trying to make this about ones beliefs. Why is it ok for the law to arrest one group and not the other.
From what I've read, the Sharia Police does not arrest or detain anyone, they just keep watch in the neighborhood and call police if they see anything out of place. They do have official-looking cars in which they patrol which could constitute impersonating an officer, methinks. Now if they go beyond that and actually arrest or detain people, then the news sources I've read after I googled it, are either misleading or withholding information.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

IMO, Trump needs to call up the Militia and give it instructions to protect our borders.

As it is now, I am not certain of the legality of militia units operating on their own.

Ken
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I don't think there is anything legal about a self appointed militia detaining anyone. Especially at gunpoint. That said I will not condemn these guys for their actions. I view the very presence of these guys on the border as a symptom of the disfunction in Washington and the utter failure of the government to defend the southern border. I view this as a not so subtle warning sign to the far left as to what the future holds if they continue down the road they are on. I sincerely hope it does not come to that.

As far as Larry Hopkins goes, I don't know what his issues with Federal firearms laws are but I would think that anyone who was a prohibited person in possession of firearms would want to keep a low profile.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Are citizen arrests not allowed? Is crossing the border outside of official points of entry not a crime?

As far as being prohibited from possession of a firearm, yeah that was rather stupid on his part.
WestonDon wrote:I don't think there is anything legal about a self appointed militia detaining anyone. Especially at gunpoint. That said I will not condemn these guys for their actions. I view the very presence of these guys on the border as a symptom of the disfunction in Washington and the utter failure of the government to defend the southern border. I view this as a not so subtle warning sign to the far left as to what the future holds if they continue down the road they are on. I sincerely hope it does not come to that.

As far as Larry Hopkins goes, I don't know what his issues with Federal firearms laws are but I would think that anyone who was a prohibited person in possession of firearms would want to keep a low profile.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

WY_Not wrote:Are citizen arrests not allowed? Is crossing the border outside of official points of entry not a crime?

As far as being prohibited from possession of a firearm, yeah that was rather stupid on his part.
WestonDon wrote:I don't think there is anything legal about a self appointed militia detaining anyone. Especially at gunpoint. That said I will not condemn these guys for their actions. I view the very presence of these guys on the border as a symptom of the disfunction in Washington and the utter failure of the government to defend the southern border. I view this as a not so subtle warning sign to the far left as to what the future holds if they continue down the road they are on. I sincerely hope it does not come to that.

I have no idea what NM law says about citizens arrest. Perhaps the case could be made for legitimate citizens arrest.

I don't believe I would care to jeopardize my own freedom amd treasure to find out.

On another note, just what are these guys accomplishing anyway? BP is just going to end up turning the illegals loose anyway.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

WestonDon wrote:On another note, just what are these guys accomplishing anyway? BP is just going to end up turning the illegals loose anyway.
Sadly you are correct. :( When are we going to wise up and back the truck or bus up to the border and send them back?

There is so much insanity with how Washington handles this whole mess!