ND at Springfield gun range

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: ND at Springfield gun range

Post by M-Quigley »

Sevens wrote:Massad Ayoob had an ND with a double action revolver during a class not all that long ago.
I stand corrected. I was thinking Negligent discharges resulting from an unintentional movement of the trigger, as happens sometimes with SA handguns, (or in Barney's case unintentionally discharging a revolver) but forgot about Ayoob's intentional pulling of the trigger of a gun he assumed was unloaded but didn't properly check it.

This was sort of my reaction at the time.

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: ND at Springfield gun range

Post by Sevens »

As I've got a lot of respect for the man, I didn't even care much to bring up the reminder. But it's a sobering reminder that even some very accomplished and skilled folks can have a lapse that results in an ND.

I don't think it's ever said TOO often-- the Four Rules are ingenious, and they back each other up to minimize the results of the failure of any of them.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!