Bring gun to anti-gun conference

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Bring gun to anti-gun conference

Post by Javelin Man »

I have no idea what he was trying to prove. At the end of the article, it states his CHL had expired.
A local activist was arrested Wednesday after Toledo police said he trespassed with a concealed handgun at a political conference about gun violence.
https://www.toledoblade.com/local/polic ... 0190410137
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Bring gun to anti-gun conference

Post by JustaShooter »

With friends like this, who needs enemies?

If his license had expired within the past 2 years he may be able to get the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor and $500 fine. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm hoping he is able to or not...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

JustaShooter wrote:With friends like this, who needs enemies?

If his license had expired within the past 2 years he may be able to get the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor and $500 fine. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm hoping he is able to or not...
I wonder if he'll be heading to the statehouse to testify in favor of the constitutional carry bill?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Tyree Conyers-Page, also known as Sir Maejor Page, will be charged with criminal trespass and a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon, Lt. Kevan Toney said.

Police initially told Mr. Page at 11:45 a.m. that he was not welcome to attend the event on private property. He returned at about 1:20 p.m. and was taken into custody. Mr. Page told officers he possessed a firearm after he was handcuffed, Lieutenant Toney said.
Police in January previously arrested Mr. Page in city council chambers. They reported his repeated finger snapping disrupted the meeting.
Sounds like to me he was trying to get arrested, or is a nutcase looking for attention.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

See, I was hoping there was a group of people willing to take bump stocks to the NRA convention in INDY when POTUS was speaking.

Would love to see 50 men walking around with a bump stock (aka machinegun) above their heads and defying the keynote tyrant.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

bignflnut wrote:See, I was hoping there was a group of people willing to take bump stocks to the NRA convention in INDY when POTUS was speaking.

Would love to see 50 men walking around with a bump stock (aka machinegun) above their heads and defying the keynote tyrant.
Could be there are those who are willing, but need a catalyst in the form of someone to step up and lead them. Someone like you, perhaps. Or does your activism end at the keyboard?
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'd sorta like to sneak into that "conference" myself. A group of fifty mayors, police chiefs, etc. from all across Ohio? Every last one anti-gun, and no doubt Democrat? (Well, you can bet they party like Democrats while there.) That doesn't sound like very ethical use of taxpayer money/time.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Do you think anything was accomplished, decided or a solution found?

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JustaShooter wrote:Could be there are those who are willing, but need a catalyst in the form of someone to step up and lead them. Someone like you, perhaps. Or does your activism end at the keyboard?
Oh, yes. I have many friends on this board who would enjoy nothing more than following my keyboard (aka machinegun) into protest.
You and others would be right there beside me, nobly writing a check for my defense, of that I am certain.

Why would there be an need for activism, don't we have a Republican POTUS and Senate, SCOTUS and District Courts? Of course the Ohio Statehouse and Governor's mansion are packed with red-blooded, patriotic and brave Republicans. How could any proRKBA citizen think to challenge their authority at a time such as this?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I thought not. Fight on, brave keyboard warrior, fight on.
NRA Life Member

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Mr Brave Keyboard Warrior if you're nasty.

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Focus, brothers, focus. :|

3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George