Chicago: where McDonald's restaurants need security guards.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Chicago: where McDonald's restaurants need security guards.

Post by AlanM »

Attack on River North McDonald’s security guard caught on video
CHICAGO — Two people attacked a security guard at a downtown McDonald's restaurant and the incident was caught on cell phone video.

It is unknown how the incident began but video shows the security officer working the McDonald’s at 10 E Chicago Avenue fighting with two men.

As customers look on, the security guard drew his weapon and the men backed off.

This incident comes amid a backdrop of several incidents in the River North neighborhood over the weekend where 21 people in different groups were arrested for causing disturbances.

According to police, "each of the groups were given a direct order to disperse from the area after causing disturbances running in and out of traffic causing vehicles to swerve. Some members of the groups were placed into custody and refused to follow a lawful order."
WATCH: Scuffle With McDonald’s Security Guard Ends With Gun Drawn, No Shots Fired

What is telling:
Police have been called to the Chicago and State McDonald’s 35 times in the past 30 days — 23 disturbances, nine batteries and three assaults.

Chicago police have no record of the incident, so it appears no one called 911.
I can remember spending an interesting evening in Boston's Combat Zone when I was a young pup. (albeit technically an adult).
The Chicago version seems considerably more dangerous.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Chicago: where McDonald's restaurants need security guar

Post by catfish86 »

Showed restraint in not shooting actually. They had dislodged his pepper spray from his hand and took control of it.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
ArmedAviator

Re: Chicago: where McDonald's restaurants need security guar

Post by ArmedAviator »

I saw this video on Reddit this morning. Sadly, the comments vary wildly. You get the intelligent responses that you and I might make regarding his self-control, but using the draw to de-escalate the situation so a gunshot was not required. Then you see the morons posting OH EM GEE WHY'D HE NEED A GUN?! THEY COULDA GOT HURT! These are the people we are up against. Keep up the good fight.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin