Hit this poll TODAY!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Hit this poll TODAY!

Post by AlanM »

We need to hit this U.S.A. Today poll on he left toward the bottom and and select the "Strongly DISAGREE" button and then click the "Vote" button:

Currently the vote has Strongly Disagree at 89% and Strongly Agree at 8.3%. Let's widen that gap even more!

-

New Zealand attacks unite government on gun control. America stands divided.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 211287002/

or

https://tinyurl.com/y5zq4dzt
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Hit this poll TODAY!

Post by WhyNot »

Used both links, turned off add blocker, refreshed page , I don't see the poll?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hit- thanks for bringing this up.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Done and done.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

that's got to be the worst wording of a poll question I've seen in a while. Are they asking our opinion on USA Todays view on gun laws (which they don't come out and state even though we have a good idea what they probably are) ? They talk about Australia and NZ gun laws but don't directly say we need that here, just that we have a gun lobby and a 2nd Amendment.. America's view on gun laws in general ? Are they asking if we agree that America is divided on this issue ? What the heck are they asking ? I read the article 3 times maybe my reading comprehension just isn't up to snuff.

What do you think of our view on gun laws?
O - Strongly agree
O - Agree
O - Don't know
O - Disagree
O - Strongly disagree
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

After reading it a few times, I think "strongly disagree", is voting that I don't agree with the writers position that everything should be banned.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Bruenor wrote:that's got to be the worst wording of a poll question I've seen in a while. Are they asking our opinion on USA Todays view on gun laws (which they don't come out and state even though we have a good idea what they probably are) ? They talk about Australia and NZ gun laws but don't directly say we need that here, just that we have a gun lobby and a 2nd Amendment.. America's view on gun laws in general ? Are they asking if we agree that America is divided on this issue ? What the heck are they asking ? I read the article 3 times maybe my reading comprehension just isn't up to snuff.

What do you think of our view on gun laws?
O - Strongly agree
O - Agree
O - Don't know
O - Disagree
O - Strongly disagree
I believe this vagueness is intentional. Any which way it goes, the fake newsies can spin this as "people strongly disagree with America's gun laws" or "People strongly agree with us that American needs tighter gun laws."

Left blank and exited out of that nonsense. Lose-lose for us. Besides, it's the law makers that we need to hound. I could care less what the fake newsies think or think that I think.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

WY_Not wrote:Done and done.
Ditto!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Done
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

Done. On 3/28/19 results show 90.42% at Strongly Disagree.

With that much opposition, I'm surprised USA Today still has this article and poll results up on their web site.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Oh, I'm sure this will spur Gannett Publishing to change their entire stance on guns. :roll:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.